Computer won't boot

stewie574

EGO Zealot
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
1,755
Earlier this evening, I was watching a YouTube video and my computer froze on me, not even the mouse would respond. I first idea was to turn off my CPU and turn it back on. Sadly it didn't work; I got to my desktop, but it froze again. Now my CPU won't even start; I turn in my CPU and nothing shows up on the monitor.

What can I do, if anything?
 
OK.

To make this clear:
By CPU you mean PC, correct?

When you turn on your PC, does it make any noises(like beeeeeeeep)?
Does your fans spin when you turn on your PC?
If applicable, do the process lights on the front(or w/e it is) turn on and function?
 
sorry I wasn't clear about that. Yea, when I turn in my computer, it does nothing; fan spins, I see the light come on, and nothing.

I took it to geek squad and it was determined that it was a video card issue. They took it out, so now it's running on an internal VGA card. I hooked it back up, and it isn't working still.
 
alright, well everything seems to be working fine. i guess this thread is done?
 
well, it has been a week since the last post, and since then, my computer has taken a turn for the worse. every time i turn on my computer, it freezes after five minutes and i have to shut it down. i figured it was a video card issue since my old one got fried, so i got a Galaxy GeForce GT 520. after installing it, i loaded up my computer, and again, after five minutes, my computer froze, and i was forced again to turn it off. i figured it must be a issue with something else in my computer, not just the video card...

has anyone experienced anything like this? if so, what can i do to fix this?
 
Ide just suggest going to an I.T. Guy and go ahead and have them find the issue. They run a full test on all computer parts to find the exact issue. Its probably a hard drive issue? Maybe that stopping it from running correctly?
 
ive had this problem before but it could be several things
over heating of the cpu (central processing unite) the chip thats under that massive silver block on your mother board.

it could be software related. virues etc
or power supply

1 thing to check if its software. start up your pc in safe mode. and if it still freezes then its eaither the power supply or over heating.

As the computer starts up, tap the F8 key several times.
On the Boot menu Choose Safe Mode.
Click thu all the prompts to get to desktop

this is as far as my knowledge goes as im self taught.
 
I FIXED IT!!!!

i had my computer boot in safe mode. apparently my computer was still using my hold video cards driver software, so i had to uninstall it. after it uninstalled, and after a reset, my computer appears to be working just fine
 
safe mode is great for those sort of problems being software related.
as it boots with bare minimun no other programs run..

glad my advise helped
 

Latest posts

Back
Top