- Joined
- Jan 24, 2011
- Messages
- 1,434
What is your monitor's resolution?
Dunno. It hooks up Via VGA cable though. I had to get an adapter for it so it would connect to my card
What is your monitor's resolution?
Ok i gotta ask. That thing you keep talking about. That SSD. Whats the purpose of it?
Hold on. It has very low storage. Does this mean, if i download windows to this drive, not only will it be fast but i'll have the complete hard drive space on my 500 gig?
Dunno. It hooks up Via VGA cable though. I had to get an adapter for it so it would connect to my card

1366x768
I bet you have a 15" Monitor, just like me.
Have you ever thought getting a 1080p monitor.
I'm gonna get one, it's 24" and it's amazing.
All in due time my friend, all in due time.
How soon do you plan on getting that? You can get a relatively cheap build that will max anything at your current monitor's max resolution, and leave an option open for upgrade when you get a new higher resolution monitor, or you can spend a good amount (pretty much what everyone else has been posting) that will be able to play everything at high on your future high resolution monitor.
I would recommend getting something to fit your needs right now, because the market will be different when you buy a new monitor (unless you do this in the next couple of days). Just my 2 cents.
tl;dr spend a little now, max anything on your current monitor
spend more now, high on anything (as well as max on anything on your current monitor) on your next monitor
Ok i just realized that i didn't update this from earlier this week. I got BF3 to work fine now (Don't call me stupid when i say this. I forgot to check for an update on the drivers.) so i don't need this new computer for a long time. My needs are set for now. But in the future, whenever i gather up the money to do so, i shall purchase the parts and have a friend put it together for me. So don't worry about the now. my computer currently is perfect for me (cept i could use about 2-4 more gigs of ram) and it should be for a while now. Since updating said drivers, i have crashed only once and connect on first try to every server, every time.
TL;DR: Don't need this right now. Everything is good. BF3 still kicks major butt. I sad cuz i think they nerfed the 870. 870 part wasn't in paragraph but what the hell it needed to be said.