Serious Skyrim Tech Help Needed

Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
554
So I've had Skyrim since release. Played it, modded it, everything was fine.
Now that more mods have been released I wanted to have another go at it and I cant seem to get past a serious texture problem.
At first I thought it was mods, so I uninstalled them, but it turns out it does this even with out mods. My drivers are updated, I've even tried mods to fix things like this, nothing works.
TP8Uw.jpg

hOljw.jpg

Generally I could fix these kinds of problems when it comes to Bethesda games, but nothings working.
 
What you got is called artifacting. When you see this, obviously it's a video card related issue; whether its the drivers or the card itself. If you can do us a favor, try to get the temperature for the video card when it's running in Windows Idle and when its running during a game. My first guess is going to say you're having an heating issue and the card's running too hot, which is causing the artifacting to appear.

Another issue would be the power supply, but let's verify the GPU temps first.

Also, in the future, please post such threads under Tech Help as that's the proper forum for this kind of question.
 
Snipe's right on point.

What graphics card do you have? Check the temperatures. Possibly revert to the last version of the driver. Is this occurring in other DirectX 9/10 (depending on how you're running it/your graphics card) games? Check that the card is properly seated and that the connections are fine.

After all that has been done/answered, we'll go from there.
 
I didnt post it in Tech help because I had no idea it would come down to my hardware.
The only game this has ever happened in is BF:BC2 and only slightly, cleared up after an house of rest for my computer.
I have a ATI Radeon 5800 Series (Two are listed, Idk if that means anything)
And I'm not quite sure how to get the GPU's temp.
 
So I really have no idea what Windows Idle is, and I feel like it's going to be stupid obvious.
Nor do I have any experience with this program or this problem.
Here's when the game isn't running
oRUV5.png

And when it is
AmEcA.png
 
And about the card being seated properly, I didn't build my computer it was a gift for my birthday so it's all premade. So when it comes to the actual tech part of a computer, I have no idea what's going on.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top