Help css tech fix

Gollack

I made one post
Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
23
:cursing::cursing:Hey, recently I tried to join a server on css, but when I joined it said missing maps (map name). It does this with every server and every map except default maps like cs_office or italy. I deleted my maps folder in cstrike, and typed sv_downloadurl and sv_downloadfilter all into console, ect. I have restarted steam and my computer multiple times. I have verified cache files and even ran a defragment thing. Nothing is working I am in need of some help maybe somebody who actually knows how to fix please post ASAP. Thanks again guys.
-Gollack
 
Have you tried cl_downloadfilter all ? , i thought sv_ was server side o,,o
 
Sorry I meant to type cl_, really I need help if you can help I would love u. I have not been able to play for the last like 10 days
 
Try going to options, in the multiplayer tab in the lower right corner there is a drop-down menu with which you can choose what type of files you want to download from any server you join, maps only, maps and sounds,.
 
Have you tried in Options-Advance? Allow all downloads, so, try.. If you can't, try downloading the map in windows, later put that on css maps folder .. If you can, delete again the map and try downloading it on css. oh, you can download the Sound's, etc..?
 
FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED: I finally fixed it, I have mozilla firefox and also IE. I never run IE because well it sucks. Anyways I guess somehow I put IE into offline mode, but my IE is set to my default web browser so it is where steam dwnlds files from. So since it was offline I could not dwnld any files, causing the missing maps symbol to come up. Thanks again for caring guys the help got me to keep looking.
-Gollack
 

Latest posts

Back
Top