Reducing Choke

ReLaPse CT

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
2,137
Hey, guys recently i have been getting some major choke ingame(Css). Can anybody tell me how to reduce it? Ive been thinking it might be rates or something really idk.... any help its appreciated. (the game is playable just at times it can get pretty laggy). The choke is worse on some servers than others. I.E. On jail its probably the worst but its fine on highschool.



( I have never had this problem before. It started about last tuesday.)
 
Usually matching your setting with the server's tic-rate plus 1 will sort it out. You can use the command sv_maxupdaterate to view the server's tic-rate if you don't know otherwise.

From my experience with DOD:S days, if a server was say 100 tic-rate I would do the following:

cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
fps_max 101 (if v-sync is disabled)
rate 30000 (you can get max rate by typing at the console sv_maxrate, but that is server side command :-( )

Some servers will automatically set rates. There are a host of other variables that play a part such as total number of users connected to a server with shared resources, your ISP may be causing packet loss due to hop count (there are ways to help that also), etc.
 
Last edited:
So since our css server's tic rate is 66, i should set to these:



Cl_updaterate 67
cl_cmdrate 67
"sv_maxrate" = "25000" ( def. "0" )"<--- came from the console( what would i put here?)


Thanks again for the help
 
Well, I believe the sv_xxxxx commands are strictly for server side. I should have left it out but it just kind of spilled onto the keyboard. ;) If the above stuff does not help, those 'other factors' could be playing a role in your issues.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top