Random VAC ban?

Ive sent Valve messages about how I didn't do anything, I'm still waiting for a response though. Thanks for the help though Dead Tom!
 
TheJollyRoger,Yeah, Valve has a really messed up system. Thanks for your support!
 
If I made a new steam account, would there be any possibility of me getting VAC banned again for my old account?
 
If I made a new steam account, would there be any possibility of me getting VAC banned again for my old account?

No. You would be considered fresh. From Valve's opinion, why would they want to stop hackers from rebuying the games (and getting banned again)? Keeps making them money....
 
From Wikipedia:

False-positive Detections

There have been allegations that VAC has banned users for false positives.

There are six recorded instances of incorrect detections, which were fixed and rescinded:
VAC1: On its initial release, VAC would issue bans for faulty memory. Valve quickly updated VAC to only kick for faulty memory.
VAC1: Running a VAC-protected game through the Cedega software compatibility layer for Linux.
VAC1: An apparent server-side glitch on April 1, 2004.
VAC2: Over two weeks in July 2010, approximately 12,000 owners of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 were banned when Steam updated a DLL file on-disk after it had been loaded into memory by the game. Those affected received a free copy of Left 4 Dead 2 or an extra copy to send as a gift.
VAC2: In January 2011, owners of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty: Black Ops were banned due to their computers being infected by the trojan Win32/Spyeye.H.
VAC2: In June 2011, an unknown false positive detection caused a handful of Team Fortress 2 owners to become banned.

There are four recorded instances of game plugins that are not considered cheats triggering bans.

These are:
VAC1: HLamp, which allowed the user to control Winamp from the game's interface. Detection later reversed, and all bans caused by it rescinded.
VAC2: The X-Spectate tool, which allowed server administrators to enable a wallhack effect while spectating to help decide if another player was doing the same. Later downgraded to a kick from the server, but bans not rescinded.
VAC2: The single-player Half-Life modifications Paranoia and Half-Life FX, which made changes to the engine's renderer that propagated to multiplayer games. This still triggers a ban and no bans caused by it have been reversed.
VAC and VAC2: sXe Injected, an anti-cheat system for Counter-Strike.
Cheats may be hidden inside otherwise legitimate mod or skin downloads that are created to maliciously get innocent people banned. Since the source of a cheat installed on a computer cannot be proven, bans due to this are never rescinded. Valve has "a zero-tolerance policy" for cheating and will not lift VAC bans under any circumstances. This includes account hijacking and other circumstances beyond the control of the account's owner.
 
I Swear! I never cheated! I would never do something stupid that would result im me losing all my games and status on eGO! Hopefully you can believe me on that!
 
is it possible someone else outside your computer ever got access to your accoutn maybe it was stolen but they didnt change the password and hacked and got you banned
 
is it possible someone else outside your computer ever got access to your accoutn maybe it was stolen but they didnt change the password and hacked and got you banned

i got hacked, it was terrible, it took a month to get it back
 
Well thank you so much everyone for your support! Ive gotten my (new) steam account set up! I have my admin and everything! Sadly I am missing alot of my games but im just happy to be back with eGO!It really does mean alot to me. So I just wanted to say thank you;D

You can add me (again) on steam here:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/3ackFl1p
 
It happened to me too, and I guess you're as pissed off.
You should talk to leadership, if you want to stay in :)
 
Well thank you so much everyone for your support! Ive gotten my (new) steam account set up! I have my admin and everything! Sadly I am missing alot of my games but im just happy to be back with eGO!It really does mean alot to me. So I just wanted to say thank you;D

You can add me (again) on steam here:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/3ackFl1p

Don't give up on your old account, they may lift the ban if you keep on them
 
BlackHawk,

Go here to open a new Support Ticket.

1.) Click Contact Support
2.) In the Product drop-down list, choose *STEAM*
3.) In the Category drop-down lists, choose Valve Anti Cheat(VAC) & Banned Account
4.) Enter your Steam username and Operating System then fill in the Subject and ask your Question.
5.) Click Submit Question
 
But...TF2 is free? I don't see why you would have to leave. Losing all those games sucks especially because I've never heard of them reversing a VAC ban (A little arrogant, don't you think, to never admit that a ban could have been unwarranted?). But you can get a game we support for free.
 
Hi friends,

me too, I Had a great time with you Tommy. Not alot of people liked me on eGO, but dispite that I loved helping out. You are a cool guy, I hope I can see all of you again sometime in the near future.

have fun!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top