R.I.P BlackMesa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wize

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
4,020
I would like to say rest in peace BlackMesa. We loved you dearly and brought us some great memories. You were created by one of us "Dragonhill" and you were once in the top 50 servers. I would like this thread to be about the good times we have had in Blackmesa. Post some photos or tell us about your memories you have had in it.

My Memory: My first time playing BlackMesa and picking my favorite class to play in tf2 as my main class. Also seeing Wiggles dominate the whole opposite team in a full server.
 
See you later Mesa.

My favorite memory was just sniping throughout my time on that server. Since Sniper is one of my favorite classes, Mesa was just fun to snipe on. Its where I met guys like Rofl, Codo, Stefan, Meathead, etc.
 
That was fast O_O, but yeah so long mesa and thanks for all the kills.
 
someone in BM chat said it's closing, i was like april fool sucka. then i go in vent and it's all serious and all. this is like a double april fool or something else.

we had "fill blackmesa" movement, it went pretty good...it was good to a point that nobody went in other servers lol. than someone from leadership or whereever said "mesa isn't in trouble if other servers are full"...so we take time to fill other servers...and now bam BM is gone.

for for crying out loud, u serious? dust ball? it's the worst [censored] map in valve history. put egypt or put some good valve map.

still hoping this is april fool :facewall:

P.S. yes i mad.
 
A farewell to the server that first alerted me to and on which I was recruited.
Tf_sniper_be_polite.png
 
Rest In Peace Black Mesa.... You were truly my favorite eGO server and my favorite TF2 server. I will now be using #R.I.P.BlackMesa instead of #OccupyMesa. This is truly a sad day for all of the edge community.
 
*Reads thread name. "Must be an April Fools joke."

-_-

*Reads posts in thread, is slightly more convinced. "This must be a lie. No way they could get rid of the BEST SERVER EVER, my FIRST eGO server, the server I was recruited from, and the whole private community of awesome it had surrounding it that made me want to join eGO in the first place. No, there is no way they could do something like that!"

ಠ_ಠ

*Logs on to TF2, looks at favorites tab, and notices that Blackmesa has been replaced by cp_dustbowl.

(╯╬ ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm boycotting this mapchange, so no I'm never joining it. I have too many cp_blackmesa screenshots to post here, so you can hit my steam profile instead.

still hoping this is april fool :facewall:

P.S. yes i mad.
 
Replacing Black Mesa with s4/7 Dustbowl, the worst map ever. Why? WHY. >.<;

also boycotting, btw.
 
A very sad day. sad sad sad... mesa was the best map.

remember Iron Horse! RIP
 
Recruit on Dustbowl! GO!

We're trying to act sad. >_>


On topic to thread:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This sucks out loud. I loved that server, and although I could barely play on it(This became recent, not permanent), I had my best memories on that server. Sorry to see it go. We had a good run.
 
this was my favorite map ever. I've made so many good friends on that map and it was the reason why I joined eGO. I remember first playing on it and spawn camping my own spawn as an engie for an hour until i realized it was my teams spawn, I've clocked in maybe 1000 hours on that map and I wish it would be more. So until mesa comes back, I'm going to be hosting blackmesa events every Tuesday, so people will be able to still play it.
 
Sad day.

Seriously, why would you post this on April Fools?

Why the hate on Dustbowl? It'll get our ranking up super fast. Maybe then we can try and switch back to Mesa.
 
Saw this coming, after they shifted all the maps to different servers the mesa community was never the same.
wonder what ever happened to that other mesa map that dh had in the works... guess we may never know.....

and since that was one of the few maps where you could actually play pyro and have fun.... this maybe my farewell to tf2 in general.

I am certainly NOT going to play no spamtastic dustbowl server. we got plenty of that happnin in the other servers.

RIP mesa
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top