Random SLI thread...

IDigitalDeadI

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 15, 2009
Messages
1,316
Random question I just thought of:

If a gtx 560 is essentially an overclocked 460, would it be possible to SLI them? I could probably take 10 minutes to look this up but I thought it would be more interesting to make a thread :).

Inb4 Reflex comes and and says no, don't ruin my fun :P
 
COUGH edit: misread the question, thought you meant 2 560 not 560 and 460
 
Last edited:
Nope /: two different series so different drivers and a lot of other stuff
 
untitle.JPG


If you could get a 560 to accept a 460 BIOS though, then maybe it would work. That would make an interesting experiment.
 
awww you guys are no fun. I was hoping someone would say something like what reflex said, oddly enough. There must have been someone out there that has tried it lol. By the way, what would 2 560s in SLI be equivalent to? Never though about it, since there's almost no point in buying the card :P
 
Interesting, it performs much better paired with another card than by itself. I've clocked my 460 to 880/1760/2000 without any problems and there isn't much of a reason to get a 560 with numbers like that. Maybe i'll bump it up to 900/1800/2000 if I get lucky :)
 
That link is for the Ti SLI. Not the standard 560. Look at the title of the review. The regular 560 is not even present in that review as the Ti was released first (and thus sometimes referred to as simply 560 at the time).
 
That link is for the Ti SLI. Not the standard 560. Look at the title of the review. The regular 560 is not even present in that review as the Ti was released first (and thus sometimes referred to as simply 560 at the time).

I actually noticed and looked up a review for it. It still puts up good numbers in SLI, just not as good as the Ti version.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top