Blackmesa commentary

PepperRabbit

EGO Zealot
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 16, 2009
Messages
1,552
First everyone before you post, keep it as mature as possible. I don't want to have to ask you guys to behave. What's done is done and we can't do much about it. Just enjoy yourselves on the servers and I will try and make it on Tuesday for the mesa event.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEYxd34-vXA[/ame]
 
tumblr_lfclarc4Vq1qe91wdo1_250.gif
 
Well spoken.

Also a question about chime, I played it awhile ago when it came out and enjoyed it but I always wondered what made me lose my multiplier. What makes it go away?
 
Well spoken.

Also a question about chime, I played it awhile ago when it came out and enjoyed it but I always wondered what made me lose my multiplier. What makes it go away?

Throughout the video you see a line going across the screen. That line makes the left over blocks turn more and more white each time it passes them. When they are blinking that means you are about to lose your multiplier so you must try to use the blinking ones in a quad before the line comes again and passes it.
 
my thoughts exactly.

I'm not particularly furious that Mesa was taken down, (I'm not really mad at anything to be clear.) at the rate it was going, it seemed eminent.

I'm disappointed at how abrupt/sudden the removal was, and the lack of communication between the leadership and the community.
 
Last edited:
Well Spoken. Keep up the good work on the videos. I enjoy them.
 
Nice Pepper :))

Sadly.. after the server was moved, we lost so many players. Whether they just couldnt find it or maybe because so many people complained about just not being able to play on the server because of the lag. I did experience bad lag spikes from time to time.. but not like some other people did. I remember seeing it written in chat often, at any rate.

Moving that server was the Kiss of Death for Mesa.

It had a lot of core players, that have been playing there since its creation. That came to be like the Mesa family. I know for myself and Masterpiece we have played every night.. barring a few here and there when it just wasnt possible.. due to RL things. We played sometimes for only 30 mins or other times for 2 or 3 hours. But we were there and loved being there.

It was evident a few weeks ago.. at times I would arrive for my nightly Mesa trip to find with great sadness that it was empty at prime time. It was incredible to go from a server that at times, there were so many people in the queue, you just couldnt get in there. I have personally waited over 40 mins just to get in there sometimes even longer.. but it was always worth it. Arriving at prime time to find the server empty was so disheartening.. a few of us would run around having fun with melee waiting for others to join..

I am very sad for it to go.. but I have to say.. we had a great run and I have many many fond memories from my time playing there. I still have the urge to play tf2 but I am finding it difficult to find somewhere that feels as homey as Mesa did.. but I am sure we will find a new home to play. Dragonhill created something special with this map and I am very glad to have been there for all the tests and to be able to of played on it as much as we did.

Mesa will definitely be missed.
 
I will miss mesa, but I understand why it had to be removed. I agree that next time leadership should give more warning on the matter so we wont be so caught off guard. I wont leave but will just move forward and go to the weekly mesa events, and hopefully one day we can have mesa back.
 
Nice Pepper :))

Sadly.. after the server was moved, we lost so many players. Whether they just couldnt find it or maybe because so many people complained about just not being able to play on the server because of the lag. I did experience bad lag spikes from time to time.. but not like some other people did. I remember seeing it written in chat often, at any rate.

Moving that server was the Kiss of Death for Mesa.

It had a lot of core players, that have been playing there since its creation. That came to be like the Mesa family. I know for myself and Masterpiece we have played every night.. barring a few here and there when it just wasnt possible.. due to RL things. We played sometimes for only 30 mins or other times for 2 or 3 hours. But we were there and loved being there.

It was evident a few weeks ago.. at times I would arrive for my nightly Mesa trip to find with great sadness that it was empty at prime time. It was incredible to go from a server that at times, there were so many people in the queue, you just couldnt get in there. I have personally waited over 40 mins just to get in there sometimes even longer.. but it was always worth it. Arriving at prime time to find the server empty was so disheartening.. a few of us would run around having fun with melee waiting for others to join..

I am very sad for it to go.. but I have to say.. we had a great run and I have many many fond memories from my time playing there. I still have the urge to play tf2 but I am finding it difficult to find somewhere that feels as homey as Mesa did.. but I am sure we will find a new home to play. Dragonhill created something special with this map and I am very glad to have been there for all the tests and to be able to of played on it as much as we did.

Mesa will definitely be missed.

Well said Buga, I merely hope that the server isn't lost to obscurity from this point on. It has been my favourite TF2 map for about as long as I've been playing the game and all the great times had there will not be soon forgot.
 
Thanks Tee Hee Hee.. I haven't seen you in ages !

Its a bit shitty that they stuck dustbowl on the server, is that the best they could come up with. What would be really good would be a rotation of maps like.. Mesa, warpath along with some custom maps like, casbah, aerospace, smb castle, cashworks, badwater... along with map voting..

Variety is the spice of life so they say... we never have had a good mix of rotation maps.. why cant we give it a try ?

Not much to lose at any rate, if it doesnt work.. we could try something else...
 
Thanks Tee Hee Hee.. I haven't seen you in ages !

Its a bit shitty that they stuck dustbowl on the server, is that the best they could come up with. What would be really good would be a rotation of maps like.. Mesa, warpath along with some custom maps like, casbah, aerospace, smb castle, cashworks, badwater... along with map voting..

Variety is the spice of life so they say... we never have had a good mix of rotation maps.. why cant we give it a try ?

Not much to lose at any rate, if it doesnt work.. we could try something else...

^ This this this.
 
You know I do remember before a long long time ago that we had a rotation server, but imho it wasnt left long enough nor looked at logically. Theres a lot of fricken damn good custom maps out there.

The worry is always that people keep voting for the same map and the server clears out at other times. This can be used to ascertain what the people like to play. If a map is doing well then its a keeper.. change the other maps until we find a selection thats popular with everyone.

Seems simple to me !
 
Custom Map rotation server would be great, the only problem however is that it would be tough for people to join it, not knowing the map. But it would at least be worth a try IMO, Cause there are a lot of fan favorite maps that are custom for when I host events and stuff.
 
Blackmesa is my favorite map. It is the main reason I joined eGO in the first place. I'm going to miss it a lot because finding another server that hosts it is almost impossible (same with ctf_operative? I think that's its name).
 
Moving that server was the Kiss of Death for Mesa.

Mesa will definitely be missed.

Everything what you said was true Buga, especially this. What sucks worse than this map leaving was the bad server shoved in its place.

Its a bit shitty that they stuck dustbowl on the server, is that the best they could come up with. What would be really good would be a rotation of maps like.. Mesa, warpath along with some custom maps like, casbah, aerospace, smb castle, cashworks, badwater... along with map voting..

Variety is the spice of life so they say... we never have had a good mix of rotation maps.. why cant we give it a try ?

Not much to lose at any rate, if it doesnt work.. we could try something else...

This is what ive been saying and by the look of things and from what I hear, it wont happen at all. I will miss playing with all of you, but i cant sit in our servers while the decisions being made are bugging me. Feel free to chat with me on steam, but dont ask me to join our servers.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top