Advice on selling a laptop.

Prisoner416

EGO Zealot
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 17, 2009
Messages
1,699
I'll keep it short. I have a Gateway M-6309 in perfect condition.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what a fair price to ask for it would be if I sold it. Here are the specs:

Operating System: MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU: Intel Pentium T2330 @ 1.60GHz, Merom 65nm Technology

RAM: 1.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 265MHz (4-4-4-12)

Motherboard: Gateway 3409361R

Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor (1280x800@60Hz)
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Hard Drives: 156GB Hitachi Hitachi HTS542516K9SA00 ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device
 
If anything, youll be lucky to get $100 based on the low memory & the even smaller hard drive. I really dont understand how this laptop is in perfect condition (unless it hasnt left its original desk space).
 
To be honest, its not that bad of a notebook. Its more for business than anything from what I see in the specs alone. I'd say about $125 would be a good area. If I had the money at the moment, I'd buy it from you for that much.
 
I'd ask 110-129.99 for it, and yeah I would buy it to if I had the money
 
If anything, youll be lucky to get $100 based on the low memory & the even smaller hard drive. I really dont understand how this laptop is in perfect condition (unless it hasnt left its original desk space).

Originally it was a Vista machine, but I upgraded it to the Windows 7 as a selling point since I had the extra license.

Sounds likes the average I'm hearing is about what I was thinking.

I'd be willing to sell it on here, I'd just need to figure out shipping.
 
Hey Prisoner, let me ask you a question then. My sisters laptop has Vista on it right now (not sure which version it is tho). Did you have any real big issues with installing win7 on it?
 
I feel that it would normally be worth $100 tops, like Pillar said, but since he threw a fresh copy of Win7 on it, you could probably use that as a bargaining point to up it to $120-$130?
 
rick-harrison-pawn-stars.jpg


Best I can do is $50.
 
Hey Prisoner, let me ask you a question then. My sisters laptop has Vista on it right now (not sure which version it is tho). Did you have any real big issues with installing win7 on it?

Not at all, it was a fairly straightforward upgrade.

Only problem is if there's a 32 or 64 bit version difference. Even then, it's still pretty simple.
 
my advice: don't expect too much.

Generic laptop with intel IGP is not going to hold value. If it was like an alienware with some funky GPU config, then maybe it would retail value a bit better. (i bought a M9700 for $330 with a Single core proc, and dual 7900GS GPUs)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top