- Joined
- Jan 13, 2010
- Messages
- 1,445
Sup all. I've just recently discovered that my computer is not detecting all 4 cores of my CPU. I'm not sure why I never noticed this in the past but I didn't.
A lot of forums online say to reinstall windows, but this IS fresh install.
I installed and ran CPUID and that also only detects 1 core.
As the title states, the BIOS won't give me ANY options to change the CPU settings.. Maybe I need to enable permission to change them? If so I'm not sure how. The CPU info is all highlighted in grey. Cannot edit any of it.
Should I update the BIOS? Reset the BIOS by taking the battery out for 30 seconds?
Hardware and system info screen shot below.
A lot of forums online say to reinstall windows, but this IS fresh install.
I installed and ran CPUID and that also only detects 1 core.
As the title states, the BIOS won't give me ANY options to change the CPU settings.. Maybe I need to enable permission to change them? If so I'm not sure how. The CPU info is all highlighted in grey. Cannot edit any of it.
Should I update the BIOS? Reset the BIOS by taking the battery out for 30 seconds?
Hardware and system info screen shot below.
Last edited:












