How to level faster?

Chief Sosa

Poster
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
167
Hey guys. Fuzzy here. I was wondering how to like, level faster in TOR. It seems like it takes forever to get from one level to the next. Im currently level 14. Also, for an Assasin, is it better to go DPS or Tank for PvP?

Thanks in advance.

-Fuzzy
 
I found that doing my daily space missions (I suck at them, but it helps), doing my daily pvp rounds, and doing my daily flashpoints (if I could find some people) helped me power through. Dailies dailies dailies! Also, remember to log off or idle in cantinas so you get that rested xp, it helps you level much faster!

If you see me on in vent and you need some help, I'll be happy to run you through flashpoints with my level 50 character or play pvp with you on an alt :) I also have a level 15 healer that I can use if you want to run through the game with someone. Seriously, don't be shy. I am more than happy to play with you or anyone. I sometimes hang in the minecraft channels but if you pm me, I'll play swtor with you. I prefer swtor, I just get bored playing alone :)
 
Cod is always telling me that no one can ever keep up with how fast I level on SW:TOR. Here's a couple tricks that help me:

1. Skip dialogues for quests (spacebar). When I level, the only quest cutscene's I watch are for my class quest, because I'm interested in how that story goes.
2. Combine quest-runs. Have 3-4 quests in a certain area? Finish all of them (and their appropriate bonus missions) before heading back to turn them in.
3. If your companion is low health but you have mostly full health, don't "rest" to heal him. Either jump on and back off of your mount, or dismiss and resummon him. He will come back with full health.
4. Stims stims stims. These can get expensive at the higher levels, but money generally isn't too much of an issue after about level 10. Their bonus may not seem like much, but it does make a difference, especially later on.
5. Don't worry about heroic missions. The amount of exp they give compared to the time it takes to find a group and do them, or to try to solo them, is horrible. If you have a buddy that you do them with, that's great. But don't sit in a town spamming general chat asking if anyone wants to do them.
6. Always log out in a cantina, on the fleet, or in your ship. Rested experience makes a massive difference.
And finally,
7. Have fun. If you just grind and bum rush to 50 (which I'm not saying doesn't have it's percs), you miss a lot of the game. Plus you will also be a low valor rank when you get there, and you will have to catch up. (Not sure how valor ranks are going to work in 1.2, I heard they are taking off the valor rank requirement on gear?) I level fast when I want to, but sometimes it's nice to just take a break and run some warzones or flashpoint for a little while.

I hope that helps =]

For reference for what I meant with Cod, I got my Shadow to 50 in about 3 days 20 hours /played time, but I was also valor rank 13 haha.
 
Also, I have noticed a couple times I will have a quest that won't show me where to do it. www.torhead.com can often help if you search the quest and look in the comments people have posted on it. That's helped me many times.
 
Punch is like the power leveler I thought I was but he's faster by a bit. I can say that I try to do quest above my level by no more than 3 levels at the most more like 2 above . It seems to be a lot better XP. PVP War Zones are great for Xp & Credits. Space missions IDK never done over 2 of them. I have had 4 lvl 50's so far all be it deleted 3 of them. I just didn't like them to answer anyone's question why delete them. LOL
 
Last edited:
dont for get punch2face playes while we're all at work! hahaha :p
 
Haha, I just live in a different timezone ;). I usually play in the mornings before work, during my lunch and then after I get off.
 
Nothing else to do ;) It's just now starting to get to a reasonable temperature outside so I can go do stuff haha
 

Latest posts

Back
Top