BSoD :/

ManiAK07

Famous
Joined
Feb 24, 2011
Messages
449
Hey guys just swinging by hoping someone can helo me. So i had BSoD stop 0x0000001e and i took it to get repaired and well guy stoped the bsod but now i have another pickle. What he did was basically restart system delete all but instslled windows 7 ultimate (not home which i had) and had a blank pc basicslly only recycle bin. Well i tried connecting to internet and said i needed driver for ethernet cord/cable. Never got that error so im curious to what i can do. I even tried to do another system recover u can say to try and get my pc to new state but i gu never got a windows 7 cd just the drivers disc my dell xps 7100 came with. Any suggedtions?

Thanks :laugh:
 
Hey guys just swinging by hoping someone can helo me. So i had BSoD stop 0x0000001e and i took it to get repaired and well guy stoped the bsod but now i have another pickle. What he did was basically restart system delete all but instslled windows 7 ultimate (not home which i had) and had a blank pc basicslly only recycle bin. Well i tried connecting to internet and said i needed driver for ethernet cord/cable. Never got that error so im curious to what i can do. I even tried to do another system recover u can say to try and get my pc to new state but i gu never got a windows 7 cd just the drivers disc my dell xps 7100 came with. Any suggedtions?

Thanks :laugh:

Unfortunately it seems the person that "repaired" your computer didn't help you at all. With the information you've provided it looks like he installed whatever he had even if it's an operating system you don't own a license for. I have the OEM disks for the different operating systems to do the install you're in need of but obviously we cannot do that remotely. If he format your hard drive and installed Windows 7 Ultimate then your data is gone. You will want to do this the correct way which is to have someone with the version of Windows that you have a license for and install it using the product key off of the sticker on your Dell computer. The product key sticker should be located somewhere on the exterior of your tower or if it is a laptop it will be underneath. If it is a laptop sometimes product key stickers are located under the battery. Once the operating system is installed you should download the drivers for that model computer for the OS you're installing and get those drivers and install them. After the drivers are installed and your device manager looks good, connect your ethernet cable or connect wirelessly to your router (however you connect to the internet) and start updating Windows until all have been completed.

I also advise you to only select one antivirus program to run on your machine to prevent possible software conflicts and leave your computer vulnerable. I use Microsoft Security Essentials which is free from Microsoft and has proven to be very effective and this software is free with no subscription fees.
 
Last edited:
I had this issue once I reinstalled a new hard drive and windows 7. All I needed to do was install my bios again and then installed the Ethernet drivers
 
I had this issue once I reinstalled a new hard drive and windows 7. All I needed to do was install my bios again and then installed the Ethernet drivers

Don't make him think he needs to do anything with his BIOS. He stated that someone installed an OS he doesn't even own. The issue is drivers but if he doesn't have a legit copy of an OS installed he will run into more issues. He should have the copy he paid for that came with his computer installed and activated and then get the drivers supplied by the manufacturer.

It is appreciated that people are interested in helping or sharing their past experiences but he's looking for a fix and by you mentioning you had to reinstall your BIOS, which is not what he needs to do, will make him think that he needs to do the same.
 
I can't fault Sicko's original advice and follow-up. Listen to the man, his advice is good. Unfortunately, I disagree with muffinz advice on this. And who the hell was the original repair guy? If its a legitimate business, I'd notify the BBB for shoddy business practices, even if he meant it in good faith. He didn't even finish the job, much less do it the right way (Sicko's way is).
 
You need to install the ethernet cable drivers from the company that made your mobo. I had the same issue when I formatted my computer about 10 days ago. What I did is download the drivers on an external device, Like a flash drive or jump drive or w/e on a different computer. Then open that on your PC which should just give you the the ethernet drivers. What motherboard do you have? I can find those for you if you dont want to. xD
 
Hey guys thanks for the advice i was able to get up and goingagainwhat sicko said really helped. Yeah basically guy removed all my dell data as well and installed windows 7 ultimate i had home premium and none drivers worked reinstallef windows 7 and my dvd drivers disc drivers and good to go. Took several hours because its manual but im good to go for now i hope all is well. Thank you all for input :)
 
Hey guys thanks for the advice i was able to get up and goingagainwhat sicko said really helped. Yeah basically guy removed all my dell data as well and installed windows 7 ultimate i had home premium and none drivers worked reinstallef windows 7 and my dvd drivers disc drivers and good to go. Took several hours because its manual but im good to go for now i hope all is well. Thank you all for input :)

Thank you for letting us know your problem has been resolved. I'm glad we could help!
 
Hey guys thanks for the advice i was able to get up and goingagainwhat sicko said really helped. Yeah basically guy removed all my dell data as well and installed windows 7 ultimate i had home premium and none drivers worked reinstallef windows 7 and my dvd drivers disc drivers and good to go. Took several hours because its manual but im good to go for now i hope all is well. Thank you all for input :)

Real easy fix. Just sounds like that dude went ahead and formatted your computer. I hope you didnt pay for that because that would be a rip off. :( But glad to see your up and going again
 
what do u know im back with another problem now >_> so Currently i have the video drivers that came with my dell (dell resource dvd) which are drivers from 4/12/11. Now I wanna of course update so im good to go but when i updated earlier to play BF3 i got the error "No Amd drivers, or amd drivers not functioning properly please install drivers" something along those lines. Now I know how to update video drivers been doing for a long time but never got that error. Any suggestion what to do? Im currently running the drivers from 2011 which id say is like 11.3 not current.
 
what do u know im back with another problem now >_> so Currently i have the video drivers that came with my dell (dell resource dvd) which are drivers from 4/12/11. Now I wanna of course update so im good to go but when i updated earlier to play BF3 i got the error "No Amd drivers, or amd drivers not functioning properly please install drivers" something along those lines. Now I know how to update video drivers been doing for a long time but never got that error. Any suggestion what to do? Im currently running the drivers from 2011 which id say is like 11.3 not current.

Graphics card please?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top