Sisters XBOX 360 (live) making connection/ping very poor.

Madvillain

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
1,445
What's up everyone. Sigh. After FINALLY being able to play DoD and other online games like never before since enabling all 4 cores and finding out my razers drivers were causing other issues that I have since fixed, I have yet another problem.


Whenever my sister plays xbox 360 Live my ping in game goes from 45 to 200-600 rendering any online gaming unplayable. I did a speed test and my ping is coming back as 350, FAR higher than it ever usually is. My download speed is at 1.5 when it's usually 19 to 20 mbs.


How can I fix this? Should I forward the 360's ports? Should I set it's priority higher or lower in my routers QOS?

Router is an Actiontec MI424-WR for Verizon Fios


EDIT: I just talked to her and she isn't using Live but it is running and apparently it was struggling to connect. I ran the speed test again and now everything is normal but this still happens whenever she utilizes Live.

EDIT EDIT: Yah never mind it's back to being 500 and dl's at 1.25.
 
Last edited:
Forwarding your ports: DO IT.

If you have a firewall or network hardware, such as a router, you might need to make a configuration change in order for your Xbox 360 console to communicate with Xbox LIVE. This configuration change is sometimes called “opening ports” or "port forwarding."

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)
 
thanks. Yes I'm fully knowledgeable in port forwarding. I cannot get to the XBOX at the moment to set it to a static IP since she's being all bi-polar and moody so I'll do it tomorrow.

She has used live in the past but it never had any interference.. Now it does. Just wanted to nail that down as the cause and figure out what to do.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top