Would like feedback new Gaming PC.

BlackBird.

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 1, 2009
Messages
2,865
Hey guys,

Im going to buy a new pc in a month,
this is what I got so far:

rig.png


Anyone got feedback for me?

Is this a good gaming gear?

I dont wanna spend more then 700 euro btw, so I don't want to go above this budget.

Thanks:)
 
Prefer AMD over Intel or better price for performance? It doesn't look bad to me, but I thought you already built a new one a few months ago, Blackbird?
 
No I didnt:) It might be posible I made a thread a few months back about it, but I need to wait untill my birthday.

But I choose AMD because its cheaper, I think. I've always had AMD so i prefer sticking with it.
 
Hey guys,

Im going to buy a new pc in a month,
this is what I got so far:

rig.png


Anyone got feedback for me?

Is this a good gaming gear?

I dont wanna spend more then 700 euro btw, so I don't want to go above this budget.

Thanks:)


You are missing a CD drive and a Computer case. :I But unless you are useing your current PC case then you wont need either of those. :I Looks fairly good. Would cost about 1200 here in the US. xD
 
Cloaked, you need to recheck your math and stay up to date on prices or currency exchange rates.

Before S&H, the complete comes to about $780, and that's with me probably not matching the exact model of RAM. ($30 variance in prices between high and lowest 8GB DDR3 1600 kits) based off of Newegg.com prices here in the US.

Currency exchange rates right now: 684 pounds Sterling is worth about $1084 US.

Also, spell check: It's "Using."

@Blackbird Yeah, I think you made a thread talking about building a PC. I was probably thinking of that.
 
Cloaked, you need to recheck your math and stay up to date on prices or currency exchange rates.

Before S&H, the complete comes to about $780, and that's with me probably not matching the exact model of RAM. ($30 variance in prices between high and lowest 8GB DDR3 1600 kits) based off of Newegg.com prices here in the US.

Currency exchange rates right now: 684 pounds Sterling is worth about $1084 US.

Also, spell check: It's "Using."

@Blackbird Yeah, I think you made a thread talking about building a PC. I was probably thinking of that.

Well im sorry I dont know tha much of exchange rates and yeah. Maybe my spelling is bad but doesnt mean you need to be rude about it. ( or so it came out that way to me )

And yeah I was useing exchange rates that I found back in 2008. :/ Sorry.
 
To be honest, I wasn't being rude about the spelling. That's just my pet peeve. As for the exchange rates, I just googled it.
 
To be honest, I wasn't being rude about the spelling. That's just my pet peeve. As for the exchange rates, I just googled it.

lol, correcting someone's spelling being a pet peeve doesn't make it not rude to correct someone's spelling...

Throw us the website and we'll come up with what we can. If worst comes to worse, a lot of browsers come with automatic translation features. If worst comes to WORST, well... there's always Babelfish. ;) We'll lend you a hand.
 
Who needs translate. I simply used common sense to sort through the different components.

For graphics card, I would definitely go with the newer 7850 which can be had for the same or even cheaper while providing more performance:

http://www.alternate.nl/html/summaryListing.html?searchCriteria=7850&cat1=009&cat2=255&cat3=000

You could go with one of the nicer coolers, but these cards run very cool and even quiet from reviews for even the reference design, so you could go with the cheapest one if you wanted to save a few.

I would also look at changing the psu if you wanted to save a little. Here are some cheaper and still nice alternatives:

http://www.alternate.nl/html/produc...952/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Voedingen&l2=Tot+800+Watt
http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Voedingen/XFX/PRO650W_Core_Edition/478651/?baseId=685023
http://www.alternate.nl/html/produc...948/?tn=HARDWARE&l1=Voedingen&l2=Tot+800+Watt

The XXX version are the higher end models, but I included the regular 650W version as it appears to be in stock. These are all high end units with more than enough power. 7850s are very efficient, so you would be good even with 2 cards.

You could also change cpu to a slightly cheaper phenom ii x4 965: http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/CPUs_Socket_AM3/AMD/Phenom_II_X4_965/378971/?

If this is mainly for gaming, 6 cores are not needed. Both are probably on par for gaming and every day needs with the phenom possibly even slightly better. With an AM3+ board, hopefully you can upgrade down the road to piledriver.
 
Last edited:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-radeon-hd-7850-and-7870-review/21
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7850_HD_7870/8.html

I would say they are close or the 7850 is a little better in bf3. 7850 probably overclocks a little better as well.

But overall, in most games, it is definitely the better card.

And Phenom is better for gaming than the 4100 and 6100 for the most part. However, at resolutions higher than 1080p, the gpu mainly becomes the bottleneck. So there is not much difference between them imo.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8120-6100-4100_6.html#sect0

Actually, for a strictly gaming computer, the i3 2120:

http://www.alternate.nl/html/produc...WARE&l1=Processoren&l2=Desktop&l3=Socket+1155

is a good option. However, it is only a dual core (with hyperthreading), so for general performance it might not be as good. You also are unable to overclock it as you could with the amd cpus. However, you do have a decent upgrade route with ivy bridge just around the corner.
 
Last edited:
What is bottleneck actually? I hear it a lot just dont know what it is.
I hear it when the difference between the CPU and GPU is too large, will "bottleneck" happen with the AMD Phenom 965 and the 7850?

Also, i have a 19" 1440x900 monitor.
 
A bottleneck is one component that isn't good enough to take advantage performance-wise of your better components in your rig. A heavy duty video card and a dual-core processor for example would definitively limit the video cards potential especially since you wouldn't be able to play the high end games for example.
 
Battlefield 3 is not really cpu dependent. The 965 is better for gaming, so more so for the 6100 or 4100. If you are able to shell a little more out, getting a 2500k would be the best recommendation, though that price is kind of steep. If you aren't buying right away, the release of ivy bridge shortly should hopefully depress the prices somewhat. But this bottleneck is usually only observed at lower resolutions where the vid card does not have to work too hard. At 1080p, you usually run into vid card bottlenecks as you would expect. But if you do not plan to overclock whatsoever, the i3-2120 might be a worthy buy as it does perform better in games as that link I posted suggested. Overclocking the amd cpus helps to offset this, but if you do not plan to do this, then the i3 might be a decent choice given the nice upgrade path as well.
 
Last edited:

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top