Games

Anon-Cat-

I made one post
Joined
Apr 20, 2012
Messages
6
Just wanted to ask. What is your view on game developers? Do you like DLC's or do you prefer the free patches that gave you new maps. And how about COD: Elite? What game developer do you like more? Valve? Infinity? EA? THC? etc... And what game is your favorite of all time? Just wanted to start up a nice discussion on games and their future.:huh:
 
Valve and Bethesda. Because they don't cater to consoles as much as other companies and they make some of the best games out there.

EA is the worst.
 
My favorite game is Guild wars
and everyone loves anything free
and for CoD Elite its good if thats only thing you play
 
Off the top of my head, I really like to side with whatever TimeGate does since they started the Section 8 IP. They try really hard to put in innovation and creativity in a stale FPS market, but are always left to die shortly after their releases. Section 8 and Seciton 8: Prejudice are great FPS's that just didn't stick to people.

It makes me sad that SouthPeak are jerks and in court, has taken the IP for themselves.
 
i am against dlc's but i'll buy them for various reasons, for exemple in battlefield to be able to play certain servers.
In other games i don't buy them.
Favorite game: battlefield 3/Pro Cycling Manager
Favorite developer: SEGA (football manager pwns! :D => they listen to community)
Favorite all time: Civilization III/Rome Total War
 
DLCs, it depends. I'm not a fan of them, but there are some DLCs that are worth the money for what you get. And by that, I mean having to pay maybe just $5 or $10, but it's really almost the equivalent of a half-expansion. Arguably, WoW's expansion packs could be considered DLCs in some form (but those are much, much bigger than the average DLC).

Not a fan of the BF3 DLC, and refuse to buy it. Actually stopped playing BF3 because I can't play in eGO servers anymore without the DLC, and, well, other games are more fun for me that don't try to rip me off.

Favorite game of all time: Tribes and Tribes 2. They set the FPS standard for gameplay and huge maps to play on, not to mention the large scale battles that could occur in servers (64 v 64!)
 
DLCs, it depends. I'm not a fan of them, but there are some DLCs that are worth the money for what you get. And by that, I mean having to pay maybe just $5 or $10, but it's really almost the equivalent of a half-expansion. Arguably, WoW's expansion packs could be considered DLCs in some form (but those are much, much bigger than the average DLC).

Not a fan of the BF3 DLC, and refuse to buy it. Actually stopped playing BF3 because I can't play in eGO servers anymore without the DLC, and, well, other games are more fun for me that don't try to rip me off.

Favorite game of all time: Tribes and Tribes 2. They set the FPS standard for gameplay and huge maps to play on, not to mention the large scale battles that could occur in servers (64 v 64!)
I don't mind single player dlc Fallout 3 & Borderlands are examples of good dlc in my book. I absolutely hate seeing "You lack the required maps to play this playlist" as soon as I see that I stop playing the game. I have quite a few decent games that I refuse to play anymore because of that.
 
Well PC to XBOX comparison yeah I think the the DLC content should be free cause on XBOX you have to buy maps packs to plus download content in some cases.
 
This:
video-game-memes-the-filling-costs-extra.png
 
Launch-day DLC is absurd.
Further DLC, if not a full on expansion of the game, should be free.
In this respect, Valve and Bethesda are excellent. While Bethesda does create plenty of small DLC packs in addition to their larger expansions, they're cheap and I do not feel at all the incentive to buy them. Valve, on the other hand, doesn't even get the concept of making people pay for additional content after their game is released. At least, not additional content that isn't purely aesthetic.

Note that both of these companies also heavily support mod development. Love it.

On the other hand, we have EA and Activision, who pretty much dominate the developers they own now. Activision makes you pay for silly map packs if you want to be playing with everyone else, because everyone else will be buying these map packs. EA is even worse, as they maintain this mentality over many, if not all of their games, as opposed to Activision where people only really care about one of their games.
EA releases downloadable content that most certainly should have been part of the game, such as Mass Effect 3's From Ashes. I mean, a PROTHEAN. How is THAT not important enough to be a part of the game?
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top