logitech g19 or razer blackwidow ultimate

Grymsted

Active Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
293
im in the hunt for a new board and I'm liking these 2 very much, but can't decide. Any thoughts?
 
I'd go for the Logitech, but then again, I don't really like any of Razors products (they feel cheaply made to me). Of course, if I were you I would try them both out at a store. I never ordered any of my mice or keyboards without trying them on as I am very particular about the feel.
 
I had the G15 which is near enough the same as the G19 and now I have my blackwidow I will never be using a different keyboard again.
 
I wish I could try them out but sadly im in a smaller city and they dont have them here for display. Maybe i'll just buy both and give the one I dont like to my kid lol.
 
Personally I use a blackwidow and as people above me have said I probably wont use another till i break it. Even then ill probably buy another
 
You could also consider this corsair keyboard which has similar tech to the blackwidow:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Mechanical-CH-9000003-NA/dp/B005QUQP94/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335284835&sr=8-4[/ame]
 
I am not. I use an Xarmor U9BL-S which the blackwidow ultimate is very similar to. Just giving you more options that have similar features at a similar price point. I have seen some reviews on different sites which think it is a decent piece of hardware, but one drawback is some of the keys are not mechanical like the G keys I believe. Not sure how big of a drawback that is if you don't even plan to use those much, but the majority are mechanical. I also know that Corsair has well regarded customer support, so if something goes wrong, I would probably rather deal with Corsair than Razer.

Do you need additional keys than the standard ones and is backlighting a must? There are some decent newer ones that are a bit cheaper though they lack some of the features that I just mentioned.
 
Last edited:
My cousin has the Corsair Vengeance K90 and I used it when I went to his for a weekend. It is very similar to the black widow but for the keys. Yes it is mechanical but the black widow just feels so much better and the keys feel way more responsive. When you push the keys of the black widow down you feel and here this click which just feels like you have way more control over your gaming, on the Corsair Vengeance K90 it feels like the keys do not want to be pushed down and feel unresponsive in some cases.
 
That would partly be due to the actual mechanical switch used. The black widow ultimate uses cherry mx blues where as the k90 uses reds.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

This will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about mechanical keyboards. It also goes over the different types of switches. Blues are often considered typing switches where as red are more considered a "gaming" switch. Either way, coming from a regular keyboard, you will need to get used to the mechanical switches, though as monty suggests, they are not the same switch so it can all come down to personal preference. One of the problems with these keyboards is it is hard to test them out since they are not carried at most places due to their expense.

An additional keyboard which is very similar to mine except for the switch type (the one I am linking to uses blues like the blackwidow):

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Computer-Keyboard-XArmor-U9Plus/dp/B004VU17E8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335295511&sr=8-1[/ame]


Cheaper than the blackwidow, but I would get whichever you prefer. They are very similar models.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top