North Bridge options

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
When I get the $$ set aside, im gonna upgrade to an i5 along with 8gb ddr3 1600 memory. I did save a previous motherboard so that I could purchase it later, but its been out of stock for almost a month now, which seems ridiculous.

So heres the deal, I only have 1 hard drive in my tower, so im not gonna go for raid, even tho the option seems to be available for most, if not all mobos. I will be getting an aftermarket heatsink to overclock my i5, so would like to get a mobo that can handle ocing well w/o paying much outta pocket. I believe the most im willing to spend on a mobo upgrade is $120. I have looked at MSI for their ease of oc ability (it was 1 of their mobos I had saved in my upgrade info).

Free shipping would be great, but seeing as how many mobos dont come with it, it wont hurt if the advantages of the board outweigh the cost to ship it. Like usual, if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
 
I must say, I was already thinking bout going this route anyways. Thanks for the confirmation on it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top