GTX 690 released

Holy crap...

I'm not sure that I'd spend $1000 on a single component, but this gives me high hopes for the quality of the 660. Or whatever their mid-high GPU is, like you'd mentioned.
 
ugh....too much money....too much power...why?! >_<
If the high end is truly this high end, I can't wait to see mid-end cards. I just hope they don't break the bank, not like this :(.
 
Why are prices so jacked this generation? :/

Supposedly the 28nm processes haven't been working out so well. That, and I think AMD just tried to screw us all by releasing mid-range cards at previously high-range prices.
 
Not a bad alternative to 2 gtx 680s if you have the case for it though I wish it didn't cost as much (or more with markup) . Card just looks awesome with all the metal on it. Very impressive piece of equipment.
 
Supposedly the 28nm processes haven't been working out so well. That, and I think AMD just tried to screw us all by releasing mid-range cards at previously high-range prices.

I think AMD did that primarily to flush out the last generation's higher end options. Now they just need to drop the price, which they might do once the 660 comes out. In like December -_- lol
 
I think AMD did that primarily to flush out the last generation's higher end options. Now they just need to drop the price, which they might do once the 660 comes out. In like December -_- lol

Definitely. That and they still have no competition from nVidia because the 680s just aren't available. They dropped prices on the 7970 to $470 within a week or two of the GTX 680 launch. And I think nVidia just released GK104 as a 680 when it was originally slated for 660Ti just so that they could put a $500 tag on it. It competes fine with the absurdly expensive 7970, so they could get away with it. Frankly, the consumer is just getting screwed this generation.
 
Ya, I think ill stick with my GTS 450. I also agree, whats with them jackin the prices way up? The economy still hasnt recovered fully, so I highly doubt that they will find that many people to go after it.
 
for the beast of a card that it is and how much they want me to dump into it - it doesn't nativley support HDMI????

Alright nVidia - well played. I'll stay with AMD like I always have.
 
for the beast of a card that it is and how much they want me to dump into it - it doesn't nativley support HDMI????

Alright nVidia - well played. I'll stay with AMD like I always have.

It comes with an adapter. DVI is much more popular with monitors. I don't see very many people using HDMI so they can use the 2 watt speakers on their monitors. A TV is a different story, but most still sound horrible compared to a base 2.1 system.
 
Ya, I think ill stick with my GTS 450. I also agree, whats with them jackin the prices way up? The economy still hasnt recovered fully, so I highly doubt that they will find that many people to go after it.

Sticking with the 450, how do you do this?! I sometimes feel my 460 is falling behind and I keep overclocking it :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top