GPU GooRoo's

That's got some old information. For one, the 680's already been released. Second, they're using GK104 for their 670-90, when as posted here they expected GK104 in the 650 and 660. Hence why people are still waiting for "Big Kepler", the "Real 680" or "GTX 685". It makes a lot of sense, really. The GTX 670 appears to be about the same length as 550s and 450s and the 680 is incredibly similar size and power-wise to the 560Ti.
 
That's got some old information. For one, the 680's already been released. Second, they're using GK104 for their 670-90, when as posted here they expected GK104 in the 650 and 660. Hence why people are still waiting for "Big Kepler", the "Real 680" or "GTX 685". It makes a lot of sense, really. The GTX 670 appears to be about the same length as 550s and 450s and the 680 is incredibly similar size and power-wise to the 560Ti.
Yes sir, I agree. The 680 is only 256 bit, except for the 4 gig card. Why go backwards is what I'm asking from EVGA? One of the newest cards out there and it has the bit rate of a 400 series. The 600 series seems to be a stepping stone for Nvidia until they release the "Kepler" cards.
 
It's not too surprising considering the GTX 560Ti was also 256bit and the 680 was originally intended as a 660.
 
It's not too surprising considering the GTX 560Ti was also 256bit and the 680 was originally intended as a 660.

despite the 660 not being as "interesting" as it was before, it won't stop me from buying one, if the reviews/specs are good. If I can find a good price for a 660, then I'll get it :)
 
Rumors are putting the 660 as being six months away. They might already have GK110 releasing by then, and they might even just slap a 7xx label on it.
 
gonna bet that the 4GB 680s will be 256bit aswell...

I have never seen a manufacturer increase bus width when adding VRAM.
 
That is just what I thinking, the new 7 series. :)

I don't think it'll actually be a new series. I think nVidia ran into manufacturing problems with Kepler and got really lucky that they're planned 660 could compete with the 7970. They release the 660 as a 680 and the 650 as 670, even though they're having a hard time keeping the product in stock. That way they can just release the larger die Kepler later after they've solved their problem. This probably pushed Maxwell back a ways.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top