Just so you all know, this will be for my dad. Hes a business man who works in the flight safety & aviation business. His current laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L645 (feel free to search up the specs).
One of his major issues is the fact that he complains about the weight of this laptop. Now while this laptop is still plenty fast (I think he had to double up on the memory originally, but hasnt had many issues after that), he would like something of comparable speed and lightweight, without having to spend $600 on a new laptop.
He has looked into netbooks but the screen is way too small. Mind you that he isnt looking to get a laptop immediately, but he definitely wants to keep his options open & available. The closer to $300-350 we can go, the better. If someone can find a rare deal under $300, I will let him know. He doesnt want to do refurb (those warranties are junk & he knows it).
One more thing that I should say: All websites are open to the possiblities (as long as they are US based).
One of his major issues is the fact that he complains about the weight of this laptop. Now while this laptop is still plenty fast (I think he had to double up on the memory originally, but hasnt had many issues after that), he would like something of comparable speed and lightweight, without having to spend $600 on a new laptop.
He has looked into netbooks but the screen is way too small. Mind you that he isnt looking to get a laptop immediately, but he definitely wants to keep his options open & available. The closer to $300-350 we can go, the better. If someone can find a rare deal under $300, I will let him know. He doesnt want to do refurb (those warranties are junk & he knows it).
One more thing that I should say: All websites are open to the possiblities (as long as they are US based).









