Anyone had this problem?

Fearless888

Active Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
408
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: hl2.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f6cfb24
Fault Module Name: filesystem_steam.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f999dd8
Exception Offset: 7386e36c
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

It only seems to happen after I close tf2. I don't understand. I looked up the BEX error but it always refers to some other application and some other problem. They say it is related to DEP or something, but my problem isn't the same as theirs so I don't know if I should do their fixes.
 
I would defiantly right click on TF2 in steam, then go:

properties -> local files (tab) -> (click) verify integrity of game cache.

Also - if you have a restore point (with in 2-4 weeks) i'd load it and try it again. If you don't mind me asking have you installed any software or odd drivers (or updates for programs)

Often time the steam and subsequently the hl2.exe file demand a lot of your system and source doesn't need all it asks for.... You can defiantly read some good google searches on that but i may be able to consolidate for you.
 
This is DEP, a feature of Windows security.

Add the game to your DEP exclusion list and you won't get any more BEX errors.

Please also make sure you've installed all application compatibility updates that Windows Update offers.
 
Last edited:
@featherfoot I already verified the game cache.

@ric how do I find this DEP exclusion?
 
@featherfoot I already verified the game cache.

@ric how do I find this DEP exclusion?

To turn on DEP, follow these steps:

  1. Press the "Windows Key" + R. Type sysdm.cpl in the blank then hit "Enter".
  2. In the resulting window click the "Advanced" tab. Click the button "Settings" in "Performance".
  3. In this window, click the tab "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP).
  4. Now click the radio button "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except..." Now click the "Add" button.
  5. Drill down the the .exe for TF2 and click it then choose "Apply". Click "OK" and close remaining dialog boxes.
  6. Reboot.

I've never had to do this as I have never seen the issue personally but let us know how that goes!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top