How many languages do you speak/understand?

How many languages do you speak/understand?

  • Just one.

    Points: 101 28.8%
  • Learned a second language in school.

    Points: 140 39.9%
  • Three, interested in knowing different tongues around the world.

    Points: 68 19.4%
  • Four, My parent made me.

    Points: 10 2.8%
  • Five, I have a huge brain.

    Points: 9 2.6%
  • More than five, I try my best not to explode.

    Points: 6 1.7%
  • Other, please state.

    Points: 17 4.8%

  • Total voters
    351
I am REALLY impressed (and surprised) by the number of our members who are fluent in multiple languages.

course, most non-U.S people know multiple languages.
 
my home language Portugues, English pretty fluently, a little of spanish and german to.
 
I know two... Spanish and English, only those, Spanish is my first language but I didn't learn English from school, I did on my own, by simply sitting in front of the PC and talking to english-speaking people, been learning ever since I'm 13; at school, I don't study for English exams, I already know everything they're gonna teach.
 
Only fluent in English, but I know a bit of French and American Sign Language.

Also, I know C and Assembly coding, if those languages count.
 
english, chinese, and spanish. Fluent in english and chinese, learnt 3 years of spanish so far
 
There's no option for "I don't know any languages. V_V"


I'm quite sad.



I speak two languages - English and Spanish....and have a rudimentary knowledge of German.
 
English and French, lived in Montreal for 10 years through my 20's
 
Back
Top