Tell me the story of how you saved Christmas.
All Leadership members get vacation time around Christmas, so I didn't have an opportunity for that yet. There's always this year though.
Click
Tell us how you got there?
It all started way back in September of 2008 when I was just minding my own business, playing TF2. As I was playing through out multiple servers, I started noticing a lot of people wearing similar tags, but wasn't really paying attention to that. After going through a couple of servers, I stumbled upon an empty Gravel Pit server. Now most of the players would just simply disconnect from the server and just go to a different one, but for some strange reason I decided to stay. So I was playing Scout, the usual class that everyone plays on an empty server, when all of a sudden a player joined by the name of
=(eG)=? aleatorystories. He joined the RED team as an Engineer and asked me how my day was. From that point there we started talking a lot and I added him to my friends list - one of my first friends Steam friends. It was days later that I realized that he was wearing the exact same tag that I kept seeing earlier on other people, so I decided to check it out. I looked on his Steam profile and say the name "EdgeGamers" and put it into Google. It was the first search result that brought me right
here to these forums.
I checked out the site a bit and realized that this was a gaming community. I decided immediately to apply as this was going to be my first clan that I'm going to join that wasn't a small thing created by my friends. First thing I did was filling out all of my profile details and checking every corner of the site, including then newly launched admin system -
MAUL.
After I submitted my
application, it was approved within 10 minutes and I was ready to put the =(e)=? tag on - I was so happy! It was from that point forward when I started to play exclusively on eGO servers - 2Fort Instant Respawn was my home and what I played 24/7 for about year and a half. I was just one of those normal members that just played a lot in-game, but are never active on the forums or Ventrilo. Due to me not checking the forums very often, I didn't realize that I got promoted to eG after 2 months of being in the clan. I only found about it by accident when I logged in to the website in late December and
randomly deciding to go search for my name. It is then that I found the
promotion thread with my name in it. Being two months late for my promotion, I was afraid that they won't give me the promotion, but after talking to
HardHat we sorted everything out and I was promoted to eG. Interesting enough, that was the same day I did my first
ban request. Next month was when I took Basic Admin Training. Things were a bit different back then and you had to complete the class first before getting admin access.
After I successfully completed
trykael's BAT and meeting a bunch of new people, I started getting a lot more interested in the clan. The most notable thing for me when I was an eG was me joining the Admin Recruiters (now known as the PSC). I really enjoyed processing new applications and getting people signed up for eGO. I also loved handling admin situations on the servers, ask lots of questions and filling the servers just like Kazoo!
Back then I was also still a newbie in programming and one of my first eGO projects - Steam Status on users profiles that's still used today was put in use by
Dominion. It's what really got me interested in programming and you won't believe how much I thankful for that.
Fast forwarding to eGO's birthday in 2009, I got promoted to eGO. Did I mention that I still never used Ventrilo back then and that the official date of me getting addicted to Blackmesa and abandoning 2Fort is
05-22-2009? After months and months of me just playing on the servers and posting on the forums, one of my real life friends (
Bonecrusher) convinced me to start using Ventrilo so we could see who could get the Ventrilo Regular achievement faster. Ever since then you can find me in Ventrilo every day. One of the people that helped me get used to talking to people and introduced me to everybody was
Storm7117. As I was getting used to Ventrilo and just talking to people in general (mind you, it was really hard for me to speak English with others at first since I'm from Croatia), I decided to give it a shot at becoming an Event Coordinator. I don't exactly remember who gave me an interview for the ECs (it was either
TcVinsky or
Kevimaster), but shortly after I got accepted and co-hosting only 2 events before getting RCON, I started hosting Euro events like crazy (4-5 events per day, which by the way I hope people liked) until I got offered an Advisor spot in December of 2010.
Ever since I became an Advisor I was in charge or recruiting, admin training, created a bunch of plugins for the servers (both admin and fun ones), worked on several projects that are beneficial to eGO even to this day, being a key part of the Technical Team and of course making sure that members are happy and their efforts are recognized. Unfortunately I had to make this answer quite short, as I could write an entire book in which I could describe the said events and mention a ton of people that I did not.
Also, my hand hurts and I can't write as long posts as Kevi.
How do I go about getting my "G" back? Since you're DL now
Quite the standard answer that goes for all the e members out there: Be active on the servers, forums and come join us in Ventrilo. Just remember to always have fun while playing and the promotion will come in time.
When will the unusual hat plugin be updated with the two new hats?
By the end of the next week. :laugh:
what is the daily life of spidey?
also, thanks for fixing the server problems a few days ago
I go to school, participate in eGO and fight crime in my spare time.
Did Spider Man ever get his body guard I called for?
I don't need a bodyguard, I'm a super hero.
Are there enough questions for you to answer yet?
Yes there is,
Vilson.
You can ask as many questions as you want. Ask me anything!
Do you ever actually sleep?
Yes, very carefully.
I love cake!
So I heard you like mudkips?
I used to watch Pokemon as a kid if that counts.
Why do you have such terrible taste in music? inb4 what about kanye hueheuhe
I listen to rock, heavy metal and Japanese music. You jelly Noise?
Is it possible you and I are two halves of the same entity; split apart in some horrid experiment gone awry a la Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde? I'm just wondering why you have all these talents while I have this maddening need to troll everything.
It's most certainly possible! You are my alter ego after all.
Pepsi.