Thoughts?

Well, I suggest you build it yourself. It's cheaper, easier, and you can get exactly what you want.

Second, I would not buy AMD FX. Unless iBP has higher prices on the Intel, it will be a better buy getting an i5-2500k over the 8150. It's straight up faster.

Third, I never realized how absolutely terrible their selection on power supplies is. They have nothing worthwhile below 650W. It's atrocious. Their "standard" label is probably absolute bottom of the barrel. They are charging $60 more for a TX650V2, when it's only $90 on newegg. That means you're buying a $30 700W PSU, and I cannot for the life of me suggest doing that. Also, that rig would work on a quality 500W unit, and crossfire 7770s would be good on 700W if it were a quality PSU.
 
I've never built my own computer before, so I'm a bit nervous about getting all the parts and putting them together. :P
 
Got your pm, $800-1000 for gaming and video editing. Anyways video editing might be the only thing that Bulldozer might beat the i5-2500k at. And building a computer is actually very easy. I was nervous about it at first, but it's incredibly simple and we've got a sticky here in the Tech forums that can guide you through it. It really is simple.

I don't know exactly what resources video editing needs the most but for $800 I can do a simple outline.

i5-2500k - $200
Radeon 7770 - $150
8GB RAM @1600 - $50
P67 mobo - $125
HDD - $100
Case - $75
CX430v2 - $50

That's $750, so you can spread the rest of the money around to a nicer case, more powerful PSU if you intend to crossfire, a faster GPU for more frames in game, or an i7-2600k for the hyper-threading which may help in video encoding. Of course, that doesn't include peripherals so if you need those it'll have to be adjusted.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top