brightness controls no longer working on my laptop

Joined
Mar 24, 2011
Messages
1,488
The brightness on my laptop is no longer working, and I have no idea why. At first, the keyboard shortcuts (Fn + Right or Fn + Left) stopped working. I thought that it was just a problem with the software that enables those keybinds. So, I went to my power options and tried to change it. However, the option was no longer there.

yTmtX.png


This started to make me wonder, so I went to Windows Mobility Center, but brightness controls were not there either.

JUf3n.png


I did google this problem, but all the issues I could find were related to video card drivers. I've checked my drivers and they are up-to-date, so I don't know what the problem is.

Please help.
 
Who is the MFG of your comp?

This is normally control by a program that the MFG provides with the comp, highly possible that it will just need to be reinstalled. If that doesn't fix the issue then I would reinstall vid card drivers. Check for BIOS and other updates from the MFG site. This is where I would start with the issue but there are other possible routes.
 
Who is the MFG of your comp?

This is normally control by a program that the MFG provides with the comp, highly possible that it will just need to be reinstalled. If that doesn't fix the issue then I would reinstall vid card drivers. Check for BIOS and other updates from the MFG site. This is where I would start with the issue but there are other possible routes.

The MFG is Acer, and I went to their website and downloaded a BIOS update, along with the installer for the Launch Manager (sound/brightness hotkeys).

It didn't work. Brightness remains at full and uncontrollable.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top