Disk Defragmenter

pillar

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 14, 2008
Messages
2,968
I just used Windows based disk defragmenter program for the 1st time ever (ive had Win7 installed for maybe over a year now) & of all my hard drives installed (1 internal & 2 external), its saying that all the partitions are fragment free. Somehow im not exactly believing Windows program. Can someone recommend a good (possibly free) disk defragment software program that I can use to see if the partitions are truly free of fragments or not? Ill go do some research on my own, but please feel free to advise me of other programs if youve had luck with something else.

Just so you know, I dont mind using a temporary 30-day software as long as it does its job within the 30 day period. If anything, im prob gonna use the software for just the day. I also should mention that I have 5 total partitions (not sure if that will matter but figured id let you all know bout that).
 
I only have hdd. I cant afford a ssd yet. Btw, I recently downloaded a program called Smart Defrag by IObit. Works great. I dont think ill need any other help on this, however if you still wanna put in your 2 zinc coins on this, feel free.
 
i use Auslogics disk defrag on win 7 and vista it works great and you can get it free
 

Latest posts

Back
Top