Sapphire HD6950 Unlocking help

RapTure

Active Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
320
I need some help unlocking my hd6950 to an hd6970. I followed all the steps and it says it works but the shaders are the same and then I try to revert back to the old rom and it says it's already running that bios. Is it possible that I have an older card that is no longer unlockable and the shaders are locked with hardware instead of firmware?
 
I didn't follow the 6000 series that much, but if I remember correctly, weren't the early reference designs only able to be unlocked? Maybe I don't have my facts straight, but I remember seeing threads about it.
 
Some still unlock, but the majority of newer cards do not. Would need more information as to the specific model number for confirmation.
 
One, you were lucky to even find a dual bios switch this late in the game. I've done a lot of research on this and most likely as this is a newer card it is laser cut, so you can't unlock more shaders. But its still a great card.
 
Yeah I love this card but for some reason I'm getting a max of 60 FPS in any fullscreen game whether it's dirt3, BF3, even CS:S and CS 1.6... Anyone know how to fix this? I was told it was a setting in CCC but Idk how to fix it.
 
Yeah I love this card but for some reason I'm getting a max of 60 FPS in any fullscreen game whether it's dirt3, BF3, even CS:S and CS 1.6... Anyone know how to fix this? I was told it was a setting in CCC but Idk how to fix it.

Sounds like you need to disable V-Sync :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top