Suggestions for PC game controllers

Believer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
2,883
I just finished building my wife's new rig (yes, she is joining eGO soon :) ), and I am looking for a good all-around controller for the PC. Any suggestions?

I've looked at the Xbox controller but it seems a bit pricey. I don't mind spending a good amount but I want a solid controller with limited/no deadzones or other goofy hangups.

Thanks! :)
 
I've used one of those controllers before, it isn't all that great really. The adjustable resistance tends to stop working after awhile, and the 2 programmable buttons work only when they want to. Having lit buttons isn't worth the extra price imo.

Btw, even though the dpad looks like it works differently than a normal 360 controller (separated d-pad), it suffers from the same issue, since the button underlying the d-pad is still 1 solid piece, rather than 4. Basically, even if you press UP on the pad, sometimes the button underneath rubs against LEFT and RIGHT.
 
I use the 360 for PC remote, and thus far I can't complain at all. Typically these days when a PC game supports gamepads at all, they tend to be coded with the 360 controller in mind, going so far as to make sure the buttons match what's on the remote.

Vibration works great, and I've always liked the feel of them.
 
well idk why anyone would want to use a controller on pc BUT even though you alreayd said you looked at xbox 360 ones, (considering i already have and xbox i guess it wouldn't cost me anything) but if you alreayd have one the wireless receiver is like 20 bucks and i think wired ones work out of the box. Many games at least "Games for windows" branded games already have the xbox controls programmed in so if you use teh controller there is no further set up for the game, and the xbox has one of the best controllers for feel IMO
 
Thanks for the help, guys. I am a mouse & keyboard guy myself, but when it comes to some games (e.g. racing) I don't see how it can be a good substitute for a controller.

I'll probably end up getting the 360 controller, especially considering the amount of GFW games there nowadays, along with the number of ports.

Appreciate the help!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top