Choosing another Power Supply

this power supply i'm using is so bad, I can tell when it my hard drive cuts off (don't even think its possible really). I could be sitting there, browsing a page and I hear this click. Not the noticeable click you hear when your hard drive dies, but rather when it turns off. After that for a few minutes, I can't update any pages, my ram is working as hard as it does when I play bf3 and attempting to access it leaves windows explorer hanging. A few minutes later its back to normal. Its probably because I didn't have a 125w cpu before when I had to use this psu, but this is ridiculous. It actually turned off on me while typing this post, its so annoying.

At this point, I can't use:
-2 hard drives
-2 DVD drives
-1 gtx 460
-1 AsRock ext3 gen3 mobo
-1 pair of 2x4gb DDR3-1333 ram
-Various games I can't download due to size requirements (57gb IDE FML)
-Stuff I might have missed


Because of this board I'm using now and now my power supply going out, these last months have been torturous. I can't wait to buy myself a new cpu and psu. Then this nightmare will be over. What I would do if someone Anonymously donated about $260 into my paypal right now lol.
 
Last edited:
I dunno, if the rig doesn't immediately shut down it's probably not a PSU issue. The fail-safes that a PSU has in should turn it off immediately if there's a problem.
 
I dunno, if the rig doesn't immediately shut down it's probably not a PSU issue. The fail-safes that a PSU has in should turn it off immediately if there's a problem.

I don't think it matters much at this point. My luck hasn't been too good as of late and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Since I just bought an absurdly expensive phone that my dad picked out, i'm broke. The coffers are empty gents. Being unemployed doesn't help one bit. All I can hope for now is that I can get some money in about 2 weeks, so hopefully this "lowest of the low" nightmare will end :facewall:

Until then, I'm probably just going to stop using my pc all together. The off and on freezing issue is too much, combined with not being able to do anything on a Radeon 3200. I hope that the errors that I made in the past will be gone, once I can rectify this situation, then go on to buying myself an i5 2500k.

But until then, I'll see you guys around.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top