Guide to not seeing your favorite server shut down

Legend

Councilman Polamalu
Sr. Manager
Joined
May 8, 2008
Messages
14,990
Guide to not seeing your favorite server shut down

Love a certain server? Want it to see it stick around eGO forever? You have some work ahead of you then. To ensure that your favorite server doesnt disappear, you need to put in the effort to keep it here. These servers are for you guys, so if you want to see them stick around, you do the work to keep it alive.


Why servers are taken offline / changed

When a server is empty through most of the day, and its rank on GameTracker is falling through the floor, leadership will consider a map change or just take the server offline.


How to ensure your favorite server doesn't disappear

There are a few things that need to be done to keep your server online / keep your favorite map on the server.

#1: Fill
The server needs to be continually populated with members and pubs. If you notice that your favorite server is empty, don't ignore it and assume someone else will fill it. If YOU want that server, YOU get in there and fill it up. Message all of your friends on your steam friends list and get them to join and play with you. You could also hop in Ventrilo and gather a group to come into the server with you.​

#2: Seed
Seeding servers is another method of populating a server while not actually playing. By sitting in spectator, you are essentially adding another play to the player count, boosting the servers draw to pubs who want to play in a full server. Seeding could be a negative thing if you have a full server of spectators and no one playing. A good balance of both is always good.​

#3: Recruit
Recruit the pubs you see playing on the server! By recruiting those pubs, it encourages them to come back and play on the server. The more people you recruit, the more potential players you have to help fill the server.​

#4: Play
The easiest one yet, PLAY. If you love the server, play it and support it. Easy as that. Build a relationship with the people who play on that server, get to know them, and become their friends. Having a good community relationship on the server is something that will bring pubs back to the server to play again.​

There, I laid out the guidelines for you, don't complain if your favorite map or server is taken down by Leadership. You have no one to blame but yourself.
 
Tis a great post to abide by,

I did this with a few of my buddies a while back for the CS Italy server, we brought it up to be one of the highest ranked servers we have. This system will definitely work for saving servers.
 
We most certainly should get Dust on it's feet if people abide by this post.
 
I try my best to keep highschool filled up and sometimes Jail as well on CSS.

However some mac users can't get in cause they can't download the map. I know they can download maps from the website and then play which actually works, but a lot of the players are lazy and don't want to download the maps XD so it's actually hard to get it filled up when you have a lot of friends that use mac. :/

Just felt like telling you guys about this problem :)
 
Last edited:
I want zombie mod.

I hear Miami is a good place to recruit.

I don't get how that man let another man eat out his eyes, or try to, wtf.

I'm sorry but if you jump on my back, I'm not gonna turn around and question your motives, you're going right into the floor, face first.

No time to play Guess Who? While a deranged man wants your brains. Not to mention the whole time he's trying to kill you, his "thing" is flopping everywhere, wtf.

If that doesn't give you incentive to kill, you must be Shadow19.
 
I don't get how that man let another man eat out his eyes, or try to, wtf.

I'm sorry but if you jump on my back, I'm not gonna turn around and question your motives, you're going right into the floor, face first.

No time to play Guess Who? While a deranged man wants your brains. Not to mention the whole time he's trying to kill you, his "thing" is flopping everywhere, wtf.

If that doesn't give you incentive to kill, you must be Shadow19.

because zombies dont feel pain...nor do they get tired...they also always use 100% of there strength >.>....he was obviusly fresh. probably the orginal carrier O_o meaning his body had not degenerate....so he had fully healthy body running at 100% feeling no pain....yup probably what happened *cocks shotgun*.....nope
 
Yup...I stayed in Italy when It was first brought in, now I tend to Idle in High School.
 
i think us haveing a zombie mod would be cool it would bring alot of people in as well to play it might be hard at first but u get anofe people comeing and playing it gets up there in people sorta like fire wall they have alot of people comeing and going all the time
 

Latest posts

Back
Top