- Joined
- Jan 22, 2010
- Messages
- 1,948
Hai guys & girls
I have this problem with my PC. It's been beautifull weather outside lately and i have been noticing an incredible increase of temperature on my room.
PC SPECS
- CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 58 ?C (stock fan, stock fan speed, turbo mode to 3.4GHz)
- RAM: 6,00 GB Triple-Channel DDR3
- Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T SE (LGA1366) 50 ?C (complete stock)
- Monitor: SMXL2370HD
- GPU: ATI RADEON 5970 HD 48?C (not overclocked, fans at 100% (VERY noisy))
- Harddrive: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 32 ?C
- PSU: 1000 Watt PSU from Antec
- CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
The problem:
The problem is that I'm on the room where I sleep. If I am for a longer time on my computer, like in weekends (I have summer vacations so i'll be alot on my pc), it tends to get very hot. Temperatures went up to 35?C in my room. The question is, how do i cool down my room without 'less time on PC or opening a window' solutions. They wont work because i use th is computer for work. I don't have a descent laptop that i can use so i can't move my PC. Window is open day and night. door is mostly too.
If anyone could help me with this I would be really happy. If I have to replace certain fans or hardware feel free to post (as long it's not like 1000€)
Hottest part
The hottest parts of my PC are
the CPU (i don't know of 60? is normal or not. It's alot hotter then it was in the winter (50-55? on load)
the GPU (on idle with stock fan speed 70+?, when gaming 90?+. Then the drivers make the fans fasters. On full speed 43? on idle and 50-60? on load.)
the PSU (i have no idea what temperature it reaches but when i put my hand near the fan of my PSU, theres alot of heat comming out.)
Motherboard: wtf is with that? 50? on idle ;s.
external hard drives: I have 2 external HDD's. one of 1 TB and one of 2 TB. The 1TB HDD gets a temp of 43? max on load. The 2 TB can go up to 56?. They don't give errors or erase data but it gets very hot in them.
All ideas are welcome and sorry for the uber long post ;p
I have this problem with my PC. It's been beautifull weather outside lately and i have been noticing an incredible increase of temperature on my room.
PC SPECS
- CPU: Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 58 ?C (stock fan, stock fan speed, turbo mode to 3.4GHz)
- RAM: 6,00 GB Triple-Channel DDR3
- Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T SE (LGA1366) 50 ?C (complete stock)
- Monitor: SMXL2370HD
- GPU: ATI RADEON 5970 HD 48?C (not overclocked, fans at 100% (VERY noisy))
- Harddrive: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 32 ?C
- PSU: 1000 Watt PSU from Antec
- CASE: Coolermaster HAF 932
The problem:
The problem is that I'm on the room where I sleep. If I am for a longer time on my computer, like in weekends (I have summer vacations so i'll be alot on my pc), it tends to get very hot. Temperatures went up to 35?C in my room. The question is, how do i cool down my room without 'less time on PC or opening a window' solutions. They wont work because i use th is computer for work. I don't have a descent laptop that i can use so i can't move my PC. Window is open day and night. door is mostly too.
If anyone could help me with this I would be really happy. If I have to replace certain fans or hardware feel free to post (as long it's not like 1000€)
Hottest part
The hottest parts of my PC are
the CPU (i don't know of 60? is normal or not. It's alot hotter then it was in the winter (50-55? on load)
the GPU (on idle with stock fan speed 70+?, when gaming 90?+. Then the drivers make the fans fasters. On full speed 43? on idle and 50-60? on load.)
the PSU (i have no idea what temperature it reaches but when i put my hand near the fan of my PSU, theres alot of heat comming out.)
Motherboard: wtf is with that? 50? on idle ;s.
external hard drives: I have 2 external HDD's. one of 1 TB and one of 2 TB. The 1TB HDD gets a temp of 43? max on load. The 2 TB can go up to 56?. They don't give errors or erase data but it gets very hot in them.
All ideas are welcome and sorry for the uber long post ;p









