- Joined
- Feb 10, 2011
- Messages
- 2,881
Hey everyone
I got a cheap PC from HP almost 2 1/2 years ago after the one I had fried and I am looking for an upgrade.
What I have right now
This is what I came up with.
I currently do not have the cash to go i5, but if a different Intel CPU + mobo could outperform the FX-4100 at around the same $$, I am willing to switch. I would like to stay at the $400 mark for any changes made.
Another question I have, if I plan on buying a headset would it make a big difference if I had a sound card? Would a cheap card ($30-$50) do the trick? Would the 430W PSU be enough to handle the sound card?
Input would be appreciated. If you need more info on anything let me know.
I got a cheap PC from HP almost 2 1/2 years ago after the one I had fried and I am looking for an upgrade.
What I have right now
- AMD Athlon II X4 2.9GHz
- Radeon 5450 GPU
- 4 GB of RAM
This is what I came up with.
I currently do not have the cash to go i5, but if a different Intel CPU + mobo could outperform the FX-4100 at around the same $$, I am willing to switch. I would like to stay at the $400 mark for any changes made.
Another question I have, if I plan on buying a headset would it make a big difference if I had a sound card? Would a cheap card ($30-$50) do the trick? Would the 430W PSU be enough to handle the sound card?
Input would be appreciated. If you need more info on anything let me know.




















