Battlefield and where things come from

Beemermarine

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Sep 4, 2011
Messages
3,123
Was just researching somethings for myself and thought I would explain where a lot of the stuff comes from in BF3.

multiple people planes- BF 1942- Road to Rome-had German bombers that held 3 people

BF Vietnam - introduced the mortar

BF 2-some of the best squad play around, so much to mention here, I don't know where to start....lol, things like night vision, more vehicles, the grappling hook

BF-2142- Brought us the scoring system we use today in BC2 and BF3

BC2 brought ..FROSTBITE graphics engine

BF3 brought us FROSTBITE 2, upgrade everything from above and viola BF3 and premium.

Now do not misunderstand me, I am not downing BF3, in it's essense this is what BF3 is. It does not bother me at all they took the BEST things from all their games and rolled them into one EPIC game. In fact I truly hope BF3 is around and surpasses what any of the series has done.
 
BF1942 introduced a ton more things than just 3 person planes.
1. Class based gameplay
2. Huge maps
3. Drivable vehicles. There were more than just the 3 person bombers. In Battle of Britain, there were 4-person bombers. 1 Pilot, 3 gunners. Passenger planes that I think held 5 passengers and a pilot.
4. Controllable boats (cruisers, battleships, aircraft carriers, submarines)
I miss submarines and the large ships =(.
5. 64-players

The flashbangs, grappling hooks, and nightvision in BF2 were all additions from the BF2 - Special Forces expansion.

But you are right Beemer. DICE has compiled (almost) everything that has made BF great into one amazing game. Only thing missing is the Commander and 6-person squads from BF2 =(

I thought it was especially interesting how they made the Bad Company games an off-shoot series that was more-or-less a way to make and test the Frostbite engine, adding it to the main Battlefield series only when it was (mostly) polished.
 
Last edited:
Battle fields are great, and bf3 gets better with each patch it seems. Though I do miss the larger feel to the older bf2 maps. Also can we have the limited sprint back?
 

Latest posts

Back
Top