Major_Shrapnel LAV for Me Please =(e)= Joined Apr 30, 2012 Messages 1,114 Jun 7, 2012 #1 Picture of the 5" Gun going off on the back of the USS VicksBurg. My wife is on deployment right now and this is the fun they get to have.
Picture of the 5" Gun going off on the back of the USS VicksBurg. My wife is on deployment right now and this is the fun they get to have.
H Hurley_Reyes Famous Joined Apr 21, 2012 Messages 461 Jun 7, 2012 #2 I'd love to see that in person :X I see the Tomahawk missile pods on the bottom as well, wonder if you get to see those launch.
I'd love to see that in person :X I see the Tomahawk missile pods on the bottom as well, wonder if you get to see those launch.
Pjordan Poster Joined May 3, 2011 Messages 187 Jun 7, 2012 #3 WOW! Did she take that pic? That's awesome you can see the projectile (I think?) coming out. Great timing!
WOW! Did she take that pic? That's awesome you can see the projectile (I think?) coming out. Great timing!
redhat Poster Extraordinaire Joined Jun 28, 2009 Messages 2,594 Jun 7, 2012 #4 That's pretty cool. I'd love to be able to see that in person.
Major_Shrapnel LAV for Me Please =(e)= Joined Apr 30, 2012 Messages 1,114 Jun 11, 2012 #5 Its hard to watch the 5in go off....when it does...the sound makes you blink and you miss everything except the round hitting the water 2 miles away. The picture was taken by my wife. Hopefully she will be home soon. God Bless
Its hard to watch the 5in go off....when it does...the sound makes you blink and you miss everything except the round hitting the water 2 miles away. The picture was taken by my wife. Hopefully she will be home soon. God Bless