Armored Kill info!

Netsky

EGO Zealot
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
1,751
Niklas Fegraeus, Game Designer at DICE, answers questions about the highly anticipated upcoming Battlefield 3 DLC, Armored Kill. For those who don?t know, Armored Kill will have players battling it out over land and air in epic, vehicle-based combat on some of the largest maps Battlefield has ever seen.

We caught our first glimpse of Armored Kill footage in the recent Battlefield 3 Premium trailer as well as in these jaw-dropping screens of the map Bandar Desert.

Below, we?ve rounded up some of the most important information about the Battlefield 3: Armored Kill DLC from a recent EA Origin live chat with Niklas Fegraeus.

General:
Five new vehicles will be available
Each new vehicle will have its own career of unlocks.
Four maps will be available ? all really big and with diverse environments and themes.
Bandar Desert is the largest map in Battlefield history (demonstrated in the live chat).
It will also have a very high flight ceiling.
No comment if more cinematic events will be returning, though players will see some ?cool stuff.?
Armored Kill will introduced the new game mode Tank Superiority. Details are being left for later.

AC-130:
To use the AC-130, you need to capture the base that harbours it.
Once captured, you can spawn into the gunner position or simply use it as a mobile spawn point.
It will respawn like any other normal vehicle. Though if the opposing enemy team has captured the base, it will spawn for them instead.
It will have two positions: the 25mm auto-cannon and the 120mm ?big? cannon.
You can spawn and paradrop from the AC-130 even if all the gunner positions are occupied.
Gunners on the AC-130 do have the option to deploy flares if they are being locked onto by other vehicles or weapons.
Players can also jump into a 360 degree AA turret.
The AC-130 will serve two roles: suppressing ground units or controlling the air space.
It flies on it?s own path and is not very mobile. Use friendly fighter jets to protect it.

Tank Destroyer:
A new tank destroyer class of vehicles is being introduced.
It is basically a faster moving tank with lots of firepower, although only lightly armored.

ATV:
2-man ATV quad bikes will return (as in Bad Company 2) which will allow for driver and gunner positions.

AA Vehicles:
There will be no new AT or AA infantry weaponry, but players can take control both mobile artillery and tank destroyers.
Mobile AA is a very vulnerable vehicle yet powerful. Its best defense other than teamwork is good positioning.
It?s meant to be challenging but rewarding ? not just a point and click weapon.


Source:http://mp1st.com/2012/06/07/e3-2012-battlefield-3-armored-kill-new-ac-130-details-bandar-desert-is-the-biggest-map-and-more/
 
Looks fun! I can't wait to use my good old jihad quad bike...the jeeps in BF3 just don't feel the same. Can't wait!
 
No but I can see people ramming jets of c4 into the ac130 to kill it.
 
I want a fricken sub.

JIHAD SUB!!!!!


Sub Driver: OK, put C4 over the front of it and lets move!

Random Support guy: Roger that!!

10 minutes later..............

Sub Driver: Where is everyone? There is no-one in the water.

Random Support Guy: What? I'm not even in the sub anymore. I'm flying a jet.
 
After watching the gameplay footage of Bandar Desert... Yes! That is what I have been waiting for that is the type of map I fell in love with Battlefield for.

Even the three points that are close together still don't seem as clustered together as the maps we have now.

If all 3 of the other maps are as wonderful as that one looks, I'll definitely be playing BF again as much as I did the first 3 months.
 
I'm looking forward to this DLC; guess we'll find out how good it is.
 
After watching the gameplay footage of Bandar Desert... Yes! That is what I have been waiting for that is the type of map I fell in love with Battlefield for.

Even the three points that are close together still don't seem as clustered together as the maps we have now.

If all 3 of the other maps are as wonderful as that one looks, I'll definitely be playing BF again as much as I did the first 3 months.

Errrr bandar desert is the largest so the others one are more like op firestorm but with the objectives more spread out. (this is from what i have read and have heard but even still op firestorm is a huge map it is just EA put the objectives too close to each other)
 
Errrr bandar desert is the largest so the others one are more like op firestorm but with the objectives more spread out. (this is from what i have read and have heard but even still op firestorm is a huge map it is just EA put the objectives too close to each other)

Well considering part of the wonderfulness was that the points weren't so dang close like they are in op firestorm. That's exactly what I've wanted. Firestorm was always the right size I felt for a BF game they just catered the flags for console players defeating the purpose of all that area.
 
Well considering part of the wonderfulness was that the points weren't so dang close like they are in op firestorm. That's exactly what I've wanted. Firestorm was always the right size I felt for a BF game they just catered the flags for console players defeating the purpose of all that area.

werd, i think should of put a flag on top of one of the cliffs....
 

Latest posts

Back
Top