Having some performance issues with both Chrome and BF3

dRastic1337

Forum Fiend
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
583
I often have a lot of tabs (20+) open at once in Google Chrome, and if I don't click on the tabs for a while or I'm tabbed out of the Chrome window for a while, and I click on the tabs, the webpage often doesn't show up and I'm just presented with a white screen. The page may show up eventually with no further input from me, but sometimes I have to refresh the page myself because it's taking too long to show up. I'm not sure if this is a resolvable issue or if this happens because of Chrome's method of "each tab is a separate process" or what.

Also, I'm not really having performance issues with BF3 itself, but after I'm done playing it and I exit out of it, my computer runs very slowly for several minutes. If I try to open any programs or a Windows Explorer window, not much happens until my computer gets back up to speed. Has anyone else experienced this with BF3?
 
I have not experienced what you're experiencing with either programs. The browser issue might be specific to your operating system or slow hardware. If you have processes running that are consuming processing power or a lot of your RAM then you will experience what you're going through. It is a good idea to be sure malware isn't playing a role in this. If you need help with malware removal instructions let me know. I'd say 90% of the business I get is malware removal.
 
Also, I'm not really having performance issues with BF3 itself, but after I'm done playing it and I exit out of it, my computer runs very slowly for several minutes. If I try to open any programs or a Windows Explorer window, not much happens until my computer gets back up to speed. Has anyone else experienced this with BF3?

THIS thread has some experiencing the same issue you are. Mentioned fixes include the following: updating the video driver, updating the sound driver (if it is Realtek) or reinstalling Origin.

As stated, doing a once-over for malware will help take that out of the equation. With malware being so prevalent, it certainly won't hurt. Feel free to PM if you need any help with that.
 
I installed Malwarebytes; running a quick scan found a couple of things, though neither looked particularly malicious. Both quarantined and deleted successfully.

I will run a full scan tonight while I'm not using the computer. I may also just reinstall Chrome to see if that helps (I'm having problems with it not saving my cookies, anyways).

As for BF3, I've reinstalled Origin and I'm also reinstalling BF3 itself, just in case. I probably won't play BF3 for a few days, but I'll try to remember to report back here if anything's changed or not. I'm also updating my video card drivers (I have VIA built-in audio it looks like, so I won't worry about updating my audio drivers right now).

Thank you guys.
 
Each tab you open under Chrome is a different process.
Each add-on you open under Chrome is a different process.

After you close Google Chrome, the add-on's continue to work in the background so Google Chrome doesn't take as much time to start. You can disable this in the options.

20 tabs = 20 processes.

Google Chrome is not the right browser for you if you're the kind of guy who, for whatever reason, decides he needs to keep 20 tabs open at all times. I'd suggest FireFox, although the SUN SPIDER response time is a little slower, it's more suited for people like you.
 
Last edited:
Each tab you open under Chrome is a different process.
Each add-on you open under Chrome is a different process.

After you close Google Chrome, the add-on's continue to work in the background so Google Chrome doesn't take as much time to start. You can disable this in the options.

20 tabs = 20 processes.

Google Chrome is not the right browser for you if you're the kind of guy who, for whatever reason, decides he needs to keep 20 tabs open at all times. I'd suggest FireFox, although the SUN SPIDER response time is a little slower, it's more suited for people like you.

He hit the nail right on the head. As much as I love chrome, it often uses the most resources compared to other browsers!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top