equilizer or escape plan

equlizer or escape plan

  • equilizer

    Points: 9 15.5%
  • escape plan

    Points: 49 84.5%

  • Total voters
    58
  • Poll closed .
escape plan is more of my play style when I play soldier. I like to stay alive as long as possible and getting out of dodge as fast as possible is better than doing damage and risking dying
 
Most people only used the Equilizer to run away anyways, and maybe kill a few people along the way, but mostly to run away.
 
I prefer The Escape Plan because its helpful when your low on health and need to quickly get to health. I find the Equalizer useless because if your low on health and going to melee someone they can easily shoot u once or twice and u die.
 
I used the equalizer for the speed boost and just happend to take a wack when I could
 
Someone voted equlizer, explain now

Its fine to troll around with (wasn't me who voted it though). :P

The thing with the Equalizer was that it has been talked about being borderline OP for so long now. I used to think that it wasn't because you only gained your true power in that weapon when you were very close to being dead, around <50 HP or so. What made the Equalizer really good was the movement speed that you got from it. The damage really shouldn't matter that much unless you couldn't run away without seeing an enemy in front of you. The Escape Plan should be your choice of melee if anything.
 
The increased run speed on the old Equalizer was just too useful. The Equalizer of now just doesn't have the same utility as the Escape Plan.

It's basically this:

Get one shot by everything but one shot others with melee.

or

Run away to a health-pack and then one shot em with rockets.

Pretty obvious choice here.

You also can't exactly roll out with the new Equalizer.

I'd like to point out though, that the new Equalizer still has the old stats because of the most recent update.
 
Let me explain to y'all why this was the most pointless and stupid weapon balance in the history of paradox space.

First lets take a look at arguably the most important and overlooked change; The Damage. The Equalizers damage before the balance, it hit a measly 33 damage when you were above 114 health (which is the exact upper bound of 1 rocket coincidentally enough) that's pathetic. It's actually the same DPS of the axtinguisher on a non-burning target, so some would argue that it wasn't exactly a straight upgrade to the market gardener or default shovel but its practicality for escapes and rollouts outweighed that so no one even noticed this statistic. Now, however the escape plan hits 65 damage at all health values and speeds, and it didn't even take the equalizers name even though its clearly the more favoured of the two after the split! Also you can call for medic with it out now, that's probably just a bug but its worth mentioning I guess.

Now let's take a look at the new Equalizer and laugh at how pathetic and pointless it is. So a weapon made primarily for damage output hits half of what most melee weapons hit (HAHA) and will only equal someone elses melee damage below 114 and will only out damage them slightly below 52 health...

So they actually buffed the Equalizer to give it more reliable damage and renamed it while adding a pointless weapon with its old name.

THIS IS STUPID.
 
Nothing now! Stupid Valve ruined my game mode! :(
i really miss my old Equalizer! :(
why? why? what i did?
 
They should have at least increased the magnitude of these effects since they basically nerfed it to the ground.
 
I use the market gardner now, no reason to use either of those, but if I had to choose, I would choose equalizer. Why? Whenever I get to that low health, I am usually surrounded by enemies. I use the equalizer to kill at least 5 of them, and that will usually be all of them, then I can go back, with 5 kills! However if there are more than 5 of them (unlikely), I will get killed, but still get about 4 or 5 kills! Which is quite a bit.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top