3rd Annual eGO DoD FF League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
1,933
​

It's that time of the year again! The 2012 league page has been setup and is ready to go. All of the 2011 team owners have already been sent invites. If you're interested to join but didn't participate last year, sign up on this thread and I'll fit you in if anyone from last year drops out, or if there is enough interest, we can expand the league to 16 teams.

2012 Champ = ?
2011 Champ = Skippy
2011 Champ = Efren

Interested in toppling our defending champ (yours truly)? Laughing at Kiwi as he gets all his FF advice from his roommates and girlfriend? Trading losers like Daniel Thomas to Skippy? Watching the lowest-ranked team in the playoffs (Efren) outscore the Superbowl finalists, but in the 3rd-place game?

2011 results are here.

Current online LIVE draft date/time is scheduled for Sun Aug 26 7:30pm PDT. [COMPLETED]


Original draft positions
1. Efren 59, 82, 88 = 229
2. MatzWhat 98, 60, 47 = 205
3. Wewo 38, 61, 83 = 182
4. Fight 37, 96, 38 = 171 [TEAM LOCKED FOR SEASON]
5. Dr.Compton and Megs A Tagger 74, 19, 75 = 168
6. Q-tip 89, 9, 61 = 159
7. SilentDrifter85 34, 54, 67 = 155
8. Faceman1725 94, 7, 51 = 152 (co-manager position available)
9. Skippy 27, 32, 87 = 146
10. antantant 60, 55, 10 = 125
11. (IO) SA 28, 67, 27 = 122
12. BaCkStAb! 19, 49, 50 = 118
13. Beef915 24, 28, 38 = 90
14. Kiwi 44, 10, 23 = 77
15. Fluxion 1, 34, 15 = 50
16. Hardwarebeer[FIN] 2, 11, 14 = 27


Draft positions as subsequently set by Yahoo
1. Hardwarebeer[FIN] (formerly #16)
2. Efren (formerly #1)
3. Wewo (no change)
4. Kiwi (formerly #14)
5. Skippy (formerly #9)
6. Fight (formerly #4)
7. Q-tip (formerly #6)
8. MatzWhat (formerly #2)
9. BaCkStAb! (formerly #12)
10. Faceman1725 (formerly #8)
11. Fluxion (formerly #15)
12. Dr.Compton and Megs A Tagger (formerly #5)
13. Beef915 (no change)
14. SilentDrifter85 (formerly #7)
15. (IO) SA (formerly #11)
16. antantant (formerly #10)


Waiting/Interest list
1. mufflington
2. Invictus
 
Last edited:
Sign me up. Didnt play last year due to low interest among friends that I had been playing with for 3 years.
 
Sign me up. Didnt play last year due to low interest among friends that I had been playing with for 3 years.

You got it, Beef. You can have lung's open spot. Can you PM me your email address so I can send you the signup link?
 
Don't really know what it is, but it sounds cool. Is there a thread or something that explains it all?
 
Don't really know what it is, but it sounds cool. Is there a thread or something that explains it all?

Its Fantasy (AMERICA!) Football, I dunno if you'd be interested because you're a euro.


On a side note: I dont remember any of my log in stuff at all, Im still interested but I might have to make a new account or something unless you can email me all of my stuff lol
 
Last edited:
Sign me up. Didnt play last year due to low interest among friends that I had been playing with for 3 years.

Sent an invite to the email address you provided to me. Let me know if you have any problems registering.

I want to be apart of this! Never played this but I'd like to try.
Don't really know what it is, but it sounds cool. Is there a thread or something that explains it all?
Added you guys to the interest list.

Also, here's a link that has a few pretty good videos of a guy explaining all you need to know about FF --

http://www.videojug.com/interview/what-is-fantasy-football

Let any of us know if you have any other questions. Being a FF newbie is doable, just ask Kiwi. All we'd ask is that you make a concerted effort to be active from week 1 all the way till the end of the season. Abandoned teams or teams forgetting to submit their weekly lineups is always disappointing for everyone. :(

On a side note: I dont remember any of my log in stuff at all, Im still interested but I might have to make a new account or something unless you can email me all of my stuff lol
Your email is 'hidden' on the league page and I've deleted all my old FF PMs, unfortunately. If you have a new email address you want to use I can you an invite there.
 
Following trends from the last two years, I should come in 3rd to last this year.
 
Watching the videos, sounds a lot of fun! Shame I have never watched american football (UK)lol. I will watch some superbowls and other matches to learn the art. But I don't want to take the place of someone who knows what they are doing, if it becomes full.

Question: How are the matches played, are they live and decision based? Or do we just send our drafted teams with positions each week?
 
Watching the videos, sounds a lot of fun! Shame I have never watched american football (UK)lol. I will watch some superbowls and other matches to learn the art. But I don't want to take the place of someone who knows what they are doing, if it becomes full.

Question: How are the matches played, are they live and decision based? Or do we just send our drafted teams with positions each week?

The more the merrier, really, so hopefully you feel up to the task =) Unless you're a ManU or Chelsea fan, then we might need to have a chat...

Interestingly enough, there's actually a similar format for soccer -- I've played similar fantasy soccer games during the World and Euro Cup. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same thing for cricket and rugby too.

Re your questions --

  • You set your 'line up' each week before the real NFL games (typically on Sundays, though once in a while there's a Thurs/Sat/Mon game).
  • Once the respective NFL games start, you can't sub in/out any players that you might have on those teams.
  • At the end of the week's games, your total score is compared against your opponent's score, which will result in a W, L, or T.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top