Steam folder/space

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
Hopefully there is a simple answer. I partitioned my 1TB drive with most of it as D, containing some documents and photos. Steam is installed on C and when I try to install new steam games it says I do not have sufficient space on my drive.

Question: can I simply drag my steam folder to D? If so, any issues I should know about? If not, what can I do to utilize my mostly empty partition?
 
If you drag it you will just jack up registry files which is bad. The quick fix would be a program like Partition Magic which will let you resize a partition. If not then uninstall and reinstall to new location.
 
If not then uninstall and reinstall to new location.

Thanks, this is what I will likely do, I guess it will be time consuming. Anything I need to save other than my cfg and auto exec files? Also, do I need to uninstall each game separately then steam, or can I do it all by uninstalling steam?
 
As far as re-installing onto a different drive, last I checked Steam didn't have that option as of yet like most other software does (choosing what drive it is installed on). T_T
 

Latest posts

Back
Top