Airsofters in eGO?

ThePhlubs

Active Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
322
Just wondering if any other Edge Gamers members love to airsoft? If so, where do you go and what guns do you have? (Anyone out here in the California bay area?)
 
I usually can go to a park or someones house in the fron/backyard etc and guns I use, I have a shotgun and like a mp5, wbu tho?
 
Serious question. What's the appeal of airsofting? Why not just get a real gun or join the military?
 
I have a WE m14, glock 17, and a Realsword AK.
Glock.jpg

Glock_Mags.jpg

WEm14.jpg

Also Kaspitone, it is essentially the same as people who reenact historical battles. It's military simulation, and it is as close as you can get to the real thing without shooting people. It honestly depends on the field you go to though; some fields are just a bunch of 13-year-olds with Walmart guns and some have working Humvees, artillery, and occasionally APC's. The craziest thing I ever saw at any field was a downed apache.
 
Last edited:
I don't currently play, but a friend of mine is really big into it. I've been looking into it recently and caught the bug.

Looking at a Classic Army M24 for my first gun.
 
Korea is crazy about airsoft guns, just not professionally. I remember going out into the playground and getting into a war with 20 other kids.
 
A few of my toys:

Tokyo Marui M16A2 with Sun Projects M203
M16A2-M203.jpg


Maruzen M870 modded for CQB
M870Closed.jpg


Me and a teammate in action at a recent game at the Fort Blanding MOUT site. I'm sporting a Tokyo Marui Type-89 and a KJW M9 in the chest rig. He's carrying a Systema M4.
IMG_0358.jpg


And here's a list of the full collection: Full Metal Tokyo Marui M16A2 w/ Sun Projects M203, Tokyo Marui G36c w/ Guns Work Shop XM8 body, Tokyo Marui MP5A5, Tokyo Marui AK-47,
Tokyo Marui Type-89, Tokyo Marui Uzi, King Arms FAL Carbine, King Arms Galil SAR, Classic Army M249, Systema M4A1 PTW w/ Classic Army M203 Rail-mount, Youth Engineering MP5A5 (hpa),
Sun Projects M40A1 (spring), Maruzen M870 Shotgun (co2), Tokyo Marui H&K MP7A1 (aep), Tokyo Marui Mac-10 (aep), Tokyo Marui H&K USP (aep), Double Eagle H&K USP (aep),
Tokyo Marui Glock 18c (aep), Kuan Ju Works Beretta M9 (gbb), Unicorn Hobby Corporation Glock 19 (spring), Supercell Development ASC7 Claymore (spring).

Airsoft? Yeah, I think I've heard of it. :thumbup:
 
Yeah sounds great

My concern with airsoft would be rampant cheating. Cheating is bad enough in paintball when people try to wipe paint off but getting hit with something that doesn't leave a mark? That would just make me angry. I can only imagine the arguments over who is out.

If that wasn't a concern I would give airsoft a shot. Pellets are much cheaper than paintballs.
 
Back
Top