PS3 + CS:GO = Unicorns

Yolobot

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
4,790
I just heard that CS:GO on the PS3 will support a keyboard and mouse ! This is amazing news, because:
  1. I will use a keyboard and mouse.
  2. No hackers. :D
  3. I finally have a use for my PS3 which I bought 4 years ago and never used.

I hope that they release it fast though, because I don't see any information on the release date. :cursing:
 
I just heard that CS:GO on the PS3 will support a keyboard and mouse ! This is amazing news, because:
  1. I will use a keyboard and mouse.
  2. No hackers. :D
  3. I finally have a use for my PS3 which I bought 4 years ago and never used.

I hope that they release it fast though, because I don't see any information on the release date. :cursing:

Why not get it on PC if you are just going to use a mouse and keyboard?...
 
Why not get it on PC if you are just going to use a mouse and keyboard?...

Hackers. :thumbdown:

PS3 only had one Custom Firmware, which is long patched. I don't think there are any ways people could cheat, other than abusing exploits and glitches.
 
Hackers. :thumbdown:

PS3 only had one Custom Firmware, which is long patched. I don't think there are any ways people could cheat, other than abusing exploits and glitches.

We have a nice way to keep hackers out too, we like to call it the Ban Request forums.
 
We have a nice way to keep hackers out too, we like to call it the Ban Request forums.

Yeah, I know. :P

I will get a copy for eGO's sake, but I'll mostly play on PS3. I'll still play HighSchool and Dust1 regularly on CSS tho.
 
most ps3 games support ye ol keyboard and mouse. It's quite a handy functionality.
 
ps3 has hackers too you know, not to "Discourage" you but hackers on the ps3 take longer to ban then the hackers on pc. for a game thats eGO suported its helpful to get them out of the game before they ruin yours with dat upside down screen aimbotz
 
ps3 has hackers too you know, not to "Discourage" you but hackers on the ps3 take longer to ban then the hackers on pc. for a game thats eGO suported its helpful to get them out of the game before they ruin yours with dat upside down screen aimbotz

The only time I remember seeing a hacker was on MW2, when the Playstation firmware was modified. This was patched.

There could be an occasional hacker, somehow, but there are not any commercial hacks out there for the PS3.
 
Isn't the PS3 version supposed to be fully incorporated with Steamworks ala Portal 2?
 
I had my PS3 and i got no use for it. Maybe i will buy CS:GO on PS3 but what do you mean by keyboard + mouse support? Does it need something else to use that?
 
I had my PS3 and i got no use for it. Maybe i will buy CS:GO on PS3 but what do you mean by keyboard + mouse support? Does it need something else to use that?

Nope, you just plug your PC keyboard, mouse and play. Unless you still don't have a wireless/USB keyboard. o.o


For real 4 years and not one use!?

Well, I played MW2 and GTA IV ages ago, then I got LA Noire when it came out. That's pretty much it.
 
Won't be cross-platofrm after all..

Valve has ditched cross-platform play in upcoming downloadable shooter Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

The Half-Life maker had planned to allow PC and Mac players to face off against PlayStation 3 owners - as it did with Portal 2.

But Valve removed the functionality based on feedback gleaned from the ongoing beta, Chet Faliszek told Joystiq.

"The beta has proved we want to update not just the beta, but the game itself post-launch frequently on the PC," he said.

"To do that we need to separate the platforms so one doesn't hamstring the other. So for that, we have removed the idea of cross-platform play - essentially make all platforms stronger by not mixing them."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-global-offensive-cross-platform-play-ditched
 
For a while there was a bug in the BF3 beta, where PC's could face xbox and ps3 people

They are very handicapped, and have a huge disadvantage. For a lot of games, there will never be cross platformed just because of the vastly difference playing field. It's a shame, but once you face a console, you'll understand why
 

Latest posts

Back
Top