Thoughts on the para

No you can't, you don't have the ammo to do that. Also the spray pattern is different.. like the m4 vs the ak

You don't need 100 rounds to spray through a wall. You can spray through a wall with 30 and be just as effective during the rounds that you have. The problem doesn't lie with the para itself as it has its strengths and weaknesses like any other guns. Its harder to control, espescially from range or while spraying, and has a relatively high cost to buy. 16k buy takes that last disadvantage away, but its still a beast to control, and anyone skilled with the m4 or ak will easily sharpshoot them in the open.
 
I dont like awps, you move too slow, and you must be fully still to shoot.

Someone whos good with a scout can outdo any gun, because they can move faster, shoot faster, and be hidden faster than you can think

Being good with the para is like being good on crutches. Man, you haul around with that broken foot, but you have your limitations still. More than once have i stood in front of a player spraying a para and didnt get hit once, he was dead by my AK

And sure you have 100 shots, but once you run out, your dead
 
It's time for a real pro to state his opinion.

SouthParkSmug.jpg


The M249 is an essential part of our servers. Players that aren't as good as "you", because they're definitely not as good as me, need the M249. Why? Because they enjoy using it. So what if you get randomly shot every now and then, if it helps keep our servers full then I don't see the problem? I know CS is a competitive game but remember, there are places to have fun(in eGO) and there are places to be competitive.

Johnny, out.

ego.jpg
 
You don't need 100 rounds to spray through a wall. You can spray through a wall with 30 and be just as effective during the rounds that you have. The problem doesn't lie with the para itself as it has its strengths and weaknesses like any other guns. Its harder to control, espescially from range or while spraying, and has a relatively high cost to buy. 16k buy takes that last disadvantage away, but its still a beast to control, and anyone skilled with the m4 or ak will easily sharpshoot them in the open.

You can't be just as affective because you have less 70 less bullets. And at range it's the same as an assault rifle, you can burst with 2-3 and still get the same accuracy because it was nerfed.
 
People will always complain about the next op gun. When the awp is on there is constant ranting on it but not the para. When the awp is restricted the para takes the heat.
 
People will always complain about the next op gun. When the awp is on there is constant ranting on it but not the para. When the awp is restricted the para takes the heat.

I'd rather have the awp over the para lol at least you have to aim :D
 
I mostly agree with Muffins, although the randomness of the headshots isn't really an issue for me.
Para = 100 bullet AK. I'm OK with lowbies using it to boost their stats, its the people who I know are actually good that use it and take down most of the team that frustrates me. It honestly requires significantly less skill to use in close combat than the AK, but doesn't require any more skill at long range.
Sounds a lot like the AWP to me - fine when in the hands of lowbies, but when someone skilled gets a hold of it - game over.

So why aren't para's restricted?
 
I gotta go with Uber. on this one. I hate when I see a good player using the para just because in the right hands, the thing is deadly at any range...but in the hands of someone less skilled its just like any other rifle just a really big clip. I say keep it, there are ways to beat it.
 
I gotta go with Uber. on this one. I hate when I see a good player using the para just because in the right hands, the thing is deadly at any range...but in the hands of someone less skilled its just like any other rifle just a really big clip. I say keep it, there are ways to beat it.

I'm not saying get rid of it, I just think it's OP lol
 
I'm not saying get rid of it, I just think it's OP lol

Just an AK with more kick and more ammo and costs a bit more. You're only going to see a lot of it in a 16k buy server, or a server where you get spawned with one, as an ak will perform far better than it while costing more than 50% less. If you can effectively use a para to the point where its op, you can use an ak far better and can be a far more dangerous opponent.

I like the new negev.

Tracers make it too easy to control. First few shots are on target which make it a great weapon when used correctly, and when spraying you might as well forget about the crosshair, as its completely wrong and tracers will shoot a good 1-2 inches above the top of it.
 
Last edited:
^I do love me the AK lol

AK is hard to love in cs:go though. Used an m4 earlier today on the dust rotation -while on dust2- and killed 10/12 of the CT team, assisted to kill the 11th, and finally got taken out by the 12th. 40-8 on dust2 as a T o-O
 
Back
Top