Incomprehensible lag on TF2?

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
Hi.
I'm playing TF2 and I can't even get past the main menu screen like where you choose what to do. My TF2 lags really horribly at that point and I can't select options, to see what's going on.

I have 6 gigs of ram, a 2 gig video card, and a 2.8 quad. I've played much more in depth games than TF2 with no problem.

Can anyone help? Any suggestions? Thanks. :facewall:
 
Try Verify integrity of game cache. I had that happen before i think i had to reinstall it or something was wrong with my video cards. Make sure everything is up to date, don't alt tab while it is loading, and make sure you are not running anything else in the background, like if i would run Civs 5 and open dota 2 it would lag uncontrollably like you are saying.
 
Try Verify integrity of game cache. I had that happen before i think i had to reinstall it or something was wrong with my video cards. Make sure everything is up to date, don't alt tab while it is loading, and make sure you are not running anything else in the background, like if i would run Civs 5 and open dota 2 it would lag uncontrollably like you are saying.

OK, it's doing that now. Thanks.
 
Nah, didn't help. I also noticed every time I launch TF2 now, it needs to validate the files.

IDK, I'm giving up for now. I just don't understand how I can play really graphical games with no problem, but I can't play TF2.
 
1. Is your tf2 saved on another hard drive that isn't your main hard drive that you boot your OS off of?

2. Have you tried deleting some of the files i.e maps etc?

3. Reinstalling and deleting the tf2 folder.

That's really all I can think of... I had this issue with counter strike and the validating server files.
 
Delete the main files in the folder and reverify (IE: all the dll's, cfgs, and even the exe's) Don't delete maps and anything else in the folders. If that doesn't work, try running it in -dxlevel 80 and see what happens.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top