R30 Patch or People don't care anymore

voobster

Poster
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
128
Could it be that the server side patch released on SEptember 13th that screwed with something and not shipping players for battlelog quick games on our servers, or is it just people don't care anymore to play BF3.

all our servers are empty !! , all of them !!!

i suggest something !!!

less and less people are helping populate the servers, usually if we get 3 or 4 is now a miracle nowadays !!

so my suggestion is to lower the Adaptive server size number so it tricks Battlelog in thinking the server is 50% or 75% populated

example:

if server has 2 members trying to populate the adaptive server size should be 4

for 3 it should remain 4

then it doubles up when it gets to 4

so then its 4 out of 8

People that never messed around with procon and actually ran a server before wont understand my logic, but the others should

What happens is that it will make Battlelog send players ( PUBERSSSSSSSS)

I don't see anything else for the moment
 
if server has 2 members trying to populate the adaptive server size should be 4

for 3 it should remain 4

then it doubles up when it gets to 4

so then its 4 out of 8

People that never messed around with procon and actually ran a server before wont understand my logic, but the others should

What happens is that it will make Battlelog send players ( PUBERSSSSSSSS)

I don't see anything else for the moment

this might work, most people play servers colse to the player limit
 
Could it be that the server side patch released on SEptember 13th that screwed with something and not shipping players for battlelog quick games on our servers, or is it just people don't care anymore to play BF3.

all our servers are empty !! , all of them !!!

i suggest something !!!

less and less people are helping populate the servers, usually if we get 3 or 4 is now a miracle nowadays !!

We had between 8-10 people filling HC conquest yesterday (which was awesome!), and the player count never got above 15. It was 15/16 for at least 15-20 mins, so idk if changing the adaptive player count will help.
 
We had between 8-10 people filling HC conquest yesterday (which was awesome!), and the player count never got above 15. It was 15/16 for at least 15-20 mins, so idk if changing the adaptive player count will help.

Yup, I was there...:crying:
 
We had between 8-10 people filling HC conquest yesterday (which was awesome!), and the player count never got above 15. It was 15/16 for at least 15-20 mins, so idk if changing the adaptive player count will help.

Funny last night i played some CSGO on the new eGO server it filled within 2min from like 8-32. I dont think its us thats the problem its the bf3 community. Take a look at the competitive scene for bf3 while it may seem to people that competitive is a small part of the game it acctually brings SO MANY PEOPLE back to the game even if they dont play comp. What i am trying to say is i think its the fact that there isnt a cash tournament for North America so players who do comp have gone to other games and their friends dont have anyone to play with so they stop playing too. Our servers will pick right up when Alienware Arena starts(if it does).

^IMO
 
We had between 8-10 people filling HC conquest yesterday (which was awesome!), and the player count never got above 15. It was 15/16 for at least 15-20 mins, so idk if changing the adaptive player count will help.

Quick question. Did the server ever increase the total player count? If with 15 players in the server it isn't at 24 then something is wrong with the plugin which I have seen happen before.
 
We had between 8-10 people filling HC conquest yesterday (which was awesome!), and the player count never got above 15. It was 15/16 for at least 15-20 mins, so idk if changing the adaptive player count will help.

It was actually more like two and a half hours with that many players. The server cycled through several map rotations but we never got above 14 players from what I saw. Server filling isn't what it used to be :(
 
Quick question. Did the server ever increase the total player count? If with 15 players in the server it isn't at 24 then something is wrong with the plugin which I have seen happen before.

I don't know about last night but when we were trying to fill the Normal one the other night it stayed around 32. I remember the server list said 30/32 IIRC when I checked it as I suspected it was something wrong with the plug in. However someone told me "Oh it will change next round." and I forgot to recheck the next round.
 
Quick question. Did the server ever increase the total player count? If with 15 players in the server it isn't at 24 then something is wrong with the plugin which I have seen happen before.

No I don't remember it getting above 16, even w/ 15 people. I checked Battlelog after each round.
 
No I don't remember it getting above 16, even w/ 15 people. I checked Battlelog after each round.

/sigh

I think the plugin broke with a recent patch or something... I looked on the phogue procon forums and that thread has a lot of recent comments mentioning the exact same issue... Might be time to turn it off and wait for a new version. Also I could talk to Spray about setting it up so we can give all the information that the plugin developer needs to update it.
 
Quick question. Did the server ever increase the total player count? If with 15 players in the server it isn't at 24 then something is wrong with the plugin which I have seen happen before.

no it didn't we never really went above 16 or so while 12 were eGo already :(
 
another problem could be, talking from experience running a server with procon, is that the adaptive server size plugin sometimes messes up and players joining game get stuck on a black loading screen when the server actually pass lets say from 16 players to 32.

Best thing like i said is maeby turn it off for the moment until the developer comes up with something because R30 patch might have messed up compatibility.

There again, our empty servers problem wont get solved like that, Battlelog wont send quick games to us if server is at 10 or 0 % full .


Easiest server to fill up was B2k, yesterday i was playing on Conquest Large, with emery and Artimus, server attracked 2 pubers, probably from someones friends list. 2 Rounds is too much, specially when playing 6/16, 2 rounds of demavan peak is a lot ! then midway into second round, looks like server rest it self and changed the map to Bazaar on its own
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I FIXED HC CONQUEST!!!!

Note to self: double check to make sure that the maximum size for a map type it the size you want it to be and not 16 players...
 
I FIXED HC CONQUEST!!!!

Note to self: double check to make sure that the maximum size for a map type it the size you want it to be and not 16 players...

^^^lol yea that helps.

Today was very good for the HC city maps, pretty much full for several hours.
 
I still play all the time, but to tell you the truth.... my friends and I typically play most on servers that have pbbans streaming or another anticheat application. I've brought it up in the google docs battlefield roll calls and I think in the private area before.

it's not like it fixes the hacking, but it is better than just standard PB that we run. I constantly see people being kicked from servers that use it. I'm not going to lie. I feel alot of hackers target our servers. When I bring my friends to our servers they end up leaving because they feel people are hacking. Problem is it's so hard to prove they are hacking without the spectate feature that I end up not enjoying the game because i'm trying to admin and watch them.

It's just easier to go to a server that is better locked down honestly. I've never once had issues with the servers that run pbbans or ggc stream in BF3, so it really frustrates me that we don't use it too.

I know alot of people also don't play on our servers because of language rules, but that's not something that my friends and I have issues with.
 
As of now Battlelog will not let me on to our normal conquest server, since it also uses the newer AK maps, and for me HC is out for a while till I learn some more, get some different weapons...etc.
 
Our damn problem is that most of our division is playing Mechwarrior, Plantside. Or something else. And it just sucks.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I find it funny that Voobster usually plays on maps/servers only with a TV missile...huh
 

Latest posts

Back
Top