MvM this weekend?

curby

Rookie
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
82
What

I've gotten pretty comfortable with the normal and intermediate missions on MvM, and feel like using some tickets on official servers for advanced/expert missions. Is anyone up for some MvM "Mann Up" action this weekend? Sure it'll be challenging, but eGO members seem to have better teamwork and communication than most. :biggrin:

Why

Fun and botkillers for all!

Who

=(e)= Curby Engineer
=(eG)= Borokov
=(e)= The Polish Scout, Spy, Medic, Engineer
=(eGO)= Flippy the Squirrel
=(eGO)= Wize Medic, Heavy, Demoman
=(e)= wightfox Heavy
chibi Ninja
Mr. Jenkins Scout, Sniper, Demoman
Your name here?

When

Saturday: Ok, let's try for another run at 7PM PDT, 10PM EDT (the afternoon run failed because Valve turned off Mann Up mode matchmaking).

Where

I'll start adding people on Steam as they post their interest here. Then I'll send Steam invites to group up.

What Next

1. Post here or add me on Steam if you're interested.
2. Be available at the time(s) listed above.
3. Bring your ToD tickets.
4. Show the machines who's boss.
 
Last edited:
I dont have any tickets but would love to help out, I've been dying to do the official Mann Up Mode for a while!
 
Would love to do this. If I had the money for a ticket.
 
Thanks for the interest, folks! MvM tickets are usually about 1.33-1.66 refined metal each in trade, so you can still get them if you don't want to spend real world money. Hit up trade servers, or visit trading websites like tf2outpost.com and bazaar.tf if you're interested. ... or the trading subforum here of course. =)
 
Last edited:
I'll talk to littler Master ninja and see if he wants to play. He was pretty hot for MvM before I got him a copy of Borderlands 1, so we'll see.
 
Might be able to do this if I have time to trade. I might not be able to attend the "boot camp" but mark me down as a maybe. I play Medic/ Heavy/ Demo.
 
just a friendly reminder, we're set to start in about an hour!

Borokov, please accept my friend request on Steam if you're still thinking of joining us. That'll let me invite you to the group when it's time.
 
One last bump for the night. We're set to run again in about two hours (7PM Pacific, 10PM Eastern). Flippy and Chibi Ninja won't be able to make it, so we could use some more interested people!

As of this post, Mann Up matchmaking is alive and well. Hope they can keep it up for us to get a server slot. :)
 
Last edited:
You know, this might be a fun regular thing. Some kind of late-evening Friday or mid-afternoon Saturday MvM where people can drop in and mow down hordes of baddies with their clannies.
 
We got a group together for an evening run, and got to the last wave of an advanced mission but couldn't push through. Thanks to Polish and Mr. Jenkins for pulling a lot of weight. I tried my best but sometimes felt like more of a liability than an asset. I felt myself improving a bit as the night wore on though.

I definitely agree this could be a more regular thing. I'll be gone for most of November but I'd be up for whatever's going on after that.

Speaking of timing, this was pretty inopportune because of the recently-launched Halloween event. I didn't plan for that when I chose the date. Also, Valve screwed us by disabling matchmaking when we first tried during the afternoon. Anyway, it was a blast. And matchmaking with ToD tickets is SO much faster than playing MvM Boot Camp.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top