Hurricane sandy...took it out of me.

JoyRiderUSA

Poster
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
160
In my area I am a volunteer firefighter for two different departments. I work a downtown department and a beach rescue department, for the past few days I have worked non-stop to run calls and investigate alarms. I worked through hurricane Irene and now sandy. I worked a murder...multiple car accidents...structure fires...wires down...building collapses and haven't been so tired in my life. I hope everyone from Cuba to the eastern coast of the United States is safe and okay. My town no longer has a beach and we have been working side by side with the national guard to keep everyone safe and out of the dangerous zones. So far in our area alone we have lost 2 fellow firefighters. Stay safe out there. Here is some video of our beach.

[ame]http://vimeo.com/52513169[/ame]
 
Man thats just crazy! Thanx for the video footage man. Must say, really impressed with the quality of the video taken. At first, I thought it was footage from a local news reporter. Really quickly realized that no words were spoken & took me a moment to understand that you took all that footage. Completely mind blowing scene there! Im def gonna post this on facebook so others can see what destruction Hurricane Sandy caused.
 
Thank you for sharing this, hopefully the Nor'easter coming or should I say the possibility of Nor'easter's, won't put a damper on any of the efforts you guys are doing.
 
There are houses in the street...complete roads blocked by state police and us army national guardsmen. Really hard to get in and work even as a firefighter.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top