job hunt

hate

Active Member
=(e)=
Joined
Dec 5, 2010
Messages
388
ok this is for my fellow eGO members. Let me give you a background before I ask for some advice.

I am a 33 year old professional. I have a BA, and recently got released from the company I was working for because of downsizing. I was the junior supervisor so I was let go. Now its been quite a few years since I have been in the job market... actually its been almost 10 years.

Any have any good advice to get me back in the job market game.

Thanks in advance.
 
Ya dude, if you have a degree, go to Careerbuilder.com, Indeed.com, all those great sites. Theres companies out there that are in need of people with whatever your expertise is. Gotta love the job economy right now. The good news is that you are eligible for unemployment pay thru your state, but it definitely wont be much. Just start hunting like a mad man & before ya know it, a job will pop up. Ive been job hunting for 2 weeks now (some much longer than I).
 
Yeah just keep on putting the ole' resume out there. Hunt like mad and you'll get one soon.

In the mean time, don't be afraid to settle for a lesser job to help pay bills.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aIqx1McVI[/ame]
 
It helps to know people working for the potential places of work your looking at
 
Go to another country with a stabler economy. Just my 2 cents.
 
Go to another country with a stabler economy. Just my 2 cents.

That seems kinda of drastic.

I have been laid off twice due to downsizing and I finally landed a job that is better than both of those two combined. Keep your head up, It will get better if you put forth the effort. Good Luck.
 
Back
Top