DOD:S update in 3-4 weeks......maybe?

BILL CLINTON

Active Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
341
Here's the latest on the DOD:S update from Fuzzdad


"I know the Valve boys are trying like heck to get the update out. Although I don't know the release date, I'd bet it'll be out before 3-to-4 weeks. Remember though...they'll want to get feedback for a few weeks and then release a bug/update patch.

As I've said...this is going to be a big "update" along the lines of a major release. New engine, new map, new code, new "stuff". If this were DoD goldsrc this would be a number release, not a dot "." release. Remember what PIU said last year...although the change list was in...they always get mission creep w/these releases...more stuff to do is added as they work in the original changes. So...along w/that complexity comes the need to test stuff out endlessly and that's probably why we haven't seen it yet." 5-9-2008


check out the 100 page thread if you want.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619308

I'd assume they would release this at the end of the CAL season to avoid any complaints from them. Last CAL match of the season is about 6-11-08 or maybe 6-18-08 (not sure yet).
 
well hopefully no issues come out of the update like freezes or errors.
 
Does the update download automatically when you log on to servers or do you have to initiate it somehow?
 
I cannot imagine them switching DoD to the more animated style of TF2. It simply doesn't fit with DoD's style and overall feel. It'll run on the same engine, but likely won't look the same.

If it looked "cartoony", it would piss a lot of people off.
 
They're keeping the look the same they're just moving it over to the updated Episode 2 version of the Source engine. So better lighting, hit reg (please god), higher res textures (maybe) ect.

I dont think they would go and make any major changes just tweaks and additions.
 
I hope they have the stats tracker like tf2 does. Dominations and achievements would be fun as well.
 
They better not screw up my mellee stuff. I am very excited about the update. I hope alot of people return or discover our game.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top