Anyone else looking forward to this game? My brother and I recently purchased a PS3 together for the sole purpose to get MGS4 (We also got Ratchet and Clank, but that's just to pass the time until the big day comes by, which is also a very good game but I don't think I'll even turn that game on once I get my paws on MGS4).
If you ask me, with the release of MGS4 (along with a few more PS3 exclusive releases this year (Gran Turismo 5, Little Big Planet, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)) the PS3 might have a chance of outselling the Xbox 360 in total sales by next year. It's only 5 million units behind after all and already ahead in sales in Europe and Japan.
I'm all giddy over this game, mainly because of this scene (Screens are huge, so click the links if you want to see them):
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/262/926596_20070920_screen032.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/262/926596_20070920_screen033.jpg
Oh yeah baby, battle of the Metal Gears!
You can watch some previews and read some reviews (nice rhyme, amirite?) here:
[link=http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/index.html?tag=topten;all;title;4]Gamespot Article: MGS4[/link]
If you ask me, with the release of MGS4 (along with a few more PS3 exclusive releases this year (Gran Turismo 5, Little Big Planet, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)) the PS3 might have a chance of outselling the Xbox 360 in total sales by next year. It's only 5 million units behind after all and already ahead in sales in Europe and Japan.
I'm all giddy over this game, mainly because of this scene (Screens are huge, so click the links if you want to see them):
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/262/926596_20070920_screen032.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2007/262/926596_20070920_screen033.jpg
Oh yeah baby, battle of the Metal Gears!
You can watch some previews and read some reviews (nice rhyme, amirite?) here:
[link=http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/index.html?tag=topten;all;title;4]Gamespot Article: MGS4[/link]
















I own an Xbox, so that might be a reason. Another is that I played MGS for the first time when I was a really small kid and it scared the heck out of me... lol